Trustable Unlock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yyb, Nov 2, 2012.

1. yyb macrumors newbie

I found a site called ios6unlock.org
    It doesn't ask for any money, all it asks for is my IMEI and it says it will unlock my phone.
    In your opinion, is this site trustable?
    And can my IMEI be used for harmful purposes? Thanks.

2. appleofmy"i" macrumors regular

appleofmy"i"

I genuinely don't know but wouldn't recommend it

3. propalitet, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

propalitet macrumors member

There is plenty on ebay, you can get one for AT&T for 3-4 $. I used one from the seller merodz, worked great.

I just tried your site and it wouldn't load it because I have an adblocker. Stay away from it. And you won't find free factory unlocks anywhere.

4. yyb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. What do you think is the worst thing that can happen if I use it?
    And about IMEI.. what is it exactly? What can a person do with it?
    Also, is there a free way to unlock my iPhone 4? cuz i don't have money

5. solo118 macrumors 65816

If you visit ebay a seller named Unlock Fusion can do it for $3.59 (it says 24 hour sale only, but I paid $4.44 or something last week)

If you can not pay that amount, then sorry I have no idea how you can unlock for free.

6. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

I'll be the first to admit to appreciating finding a good bargain. However, in this day and age of self serving scams, I would opt to spend a few dollars for unlocking services and avoid any potential hardship(s) of a free service.

I do not know what the consequences may or may not be by surrendering the IMEI of my device to a possible scam nor do I wish to test it.