Trusted Amazon Dealer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by currins, Jun 24, 2012.

1. currins macrumors member

I would prefer to buy through Apple, but I've fallen into some Amazon gift cards.

Do you guys have any trusted dealers that you've worked with on Apple products?

Thanks!

2. ScottW1 macrumors regular

My general rule with Amazon, at least for any costly purchase, is to choose items that are "sold by" or "fullfilled by" Amazon.

You won't find an iPad "sold by" Amazon. They want you to by a Fire.

But there are quite a few iPad sales being "fulfilled by" Amazon. That means that the item is in an Amazon facility, and is packed/shipped by Amazon. It also means that Amazon's standard 30 day return policy applies, so if you get an item that is DOA or damaged, they'll take it back no-questions-asked AND pay the return shipping.

I would recommend buying direct from Apple, but given you have the Amazon credits -- I would not hesitate to buy any of the offerings that say "fulfilled by" Amazon.

3. MarkG21 macrumors regular

I second that you buy from "fulfillment by Amazon". That way, if there is a problem, your communicating with Amazon rather than a third party seller.

4. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

That's what I did. The vendor I purchased from was Stoobies Electronics. It took a few days before they shipped, but the iPad arrived two or three days ahead of the scheduled delivery date.

5. currins thread starter macrumors member