Try 10.6.4?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bobbytomorow, Jun 7, 2010.

1. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

I know this is a long shot but is there anyway for non developers to try the latest build for 10.6.4?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Various download sites have it. Anyway, it's just a maintenance update so there is nothing to wait for

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I have no idea why anyone would want to do that. You're just setting yourself up for a crashed system by using a relatively untested OS. It's not like there will be any new features either.

4. bobbytomorow thread starter macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

I hear you guys on the "its just maintenance anyway" thing but AFAIK there is improved openGL drivers and improved performance with Source games...correct me if I'm wrong.

Also one more important question, say I do install the latest build, hypothetically of course, would I be able to simply install the stable RTM 10.6.4? or will I require a clean install?

5. kasakka macrumors 68000

It's most likely released very soon anyway so don't bother messing with betas.

6. zerostar macrumors regular

Yes, rumor says its coming today, so at least wait and see :)

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

First off, you want to use pirated software. Members of this forum frown on that. Moral and legal issues aside, development versions of MacOS X are intended for developers. It is counterproductive for regular users to install them. Get this: You cannot use Software Update to update the development version of MacOS X to the release version. If you install the development version of the OS, then you must then reinstall an older version of the OS so that you can update to the release version MacOS X 10.6.4.