Try on Appointment Impressions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Flow39, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Got to my local Apple Store, with and appointment for 10:30, got in at about 10:35. I was super excited and was ready to try some watches on. I was wearing my Pebble, and when the employees went to put the :apple: Watch on my wrist, I took the Pebble off and set it on the table. He told me to put it in my pocket. (Why?) Anyone have any ideas why they would make me do that? I have seen a couple Apple Watch try-on videos and they set their watches down but didn't have to put them in their pocket.

Tried on the 42mm Sport Space Gray and the 38mm Sport Silver and White band. The 38mm felt tiny to me. The 42mm was smaller than my Pebble, but it felt great on my wrist. Excellent screen size, and the Retina Display is great! You literally have to put your eye less than 2 inches away to see any pixels. The crown on the Sport felt solid, and it scrolled very smoothly. The "Friends" button was cool, felt like a Sleep/Wake button. Very clicky. The Sport band felt very nice and it was comfortable to wear. Easy to put on and take off, and I like how the strap goes back under itself so it doesn't catch on things. The Sport, in my opinion, didn't feel cheap.

Overall I am still very excited to get mine. If anyone has any idea as to why I had to put my Pebble in my pocket, I'd like to hear it. Crossing my fingers that I get it on launch day, can't wait! :)

2. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Likely the store is/was crowded and Apple doesn't wasn't to assume liability if someone were to swipe it off the table or for you to forget it. Totally reasonable. Not sure why you would 'want' to leave your Pebble on the table?

3. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Probably because they didn't want that on display in an Apple Store. I don't blame them! ;) (I'm only kidding with you).

But in all seriousness, probably as someone else stated, just to ensure it's safe and either not knocked off by the Apple employee (they would then be liable), or it is not stolen.

4. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

I wonder if it was to stop other potential purchasers asking you about your pebble

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

that watch sitting in the background...that is my pebble :p

Attached Files:

6. Flow39 thread starter macrumors 68000

Flow39

I was going to compare sizes, that why I wanted to leave it there, but the employee was like, "Hey put that in your pocket or something for me."

----------

That's what I did right there! I wanted to take the same kind of picture as you plus compare sizes.

7. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Did you say, "I wish to directly compare sizes?"

8. Flow39 thread starter macrumors 68000

Flow39

I didn't dare, the employee said in it kind of a hushed voice so I didn't want to push it. I kind of wish I would have though.

9. MacSE1987 macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered the 42mm stainless steel with the black sport band. That's the first combination I tried. I also tried it with the black leather classic and stainless steel bands. I didn't have any interest in the Milanese loop.

I was very surprised how much smaller the 42mm looked compared to photos I've seen. It fit my wrist just right. I glad that's the combination I ordered.

I will probably get a classic leather band later, but I've pretty much ruled out the stainless band. I just didn't like it enough for the price.

I took a photo with my Nano Generation 6 next to the Apple Watch.

Attached Files:

10. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

Huh thats strange, the guy i got at the kansas city store was awesome! he let me try on any watch i wanted that he had, we went through almost all of them lol he was enthusiastic and full of joy. Im pretty sure it was about 30 minutes i was there with him, after i thought i finnaly decided on which one he even asked my girlfriend if she wanted to try on a watch, keep in mind she didnt have an appointment or had a desire for the watch, she ended up falling in love with the space grey sport.

11. SpenceMan01 macrumors member

At my appointment I put my watch in my pocket. I probably did it out of my habit of not putting things on somebody else's desk which the tables, in effect, are.

It wouldn't surprise me, though, if they were instructed not to allow other watches on the tables to diminish confusion. I could imagine someone with half a brain coming in, looking over someone's shoulder at their Pebble on the table and asking, "Gee, is that thing there the watch?"

12. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

He probably asked because things tend to go missing in Apple Stores. If you had said that you would rather keep it out to compare, I doubt they would have pressed the issue.

13. iMacoo7 macrumors 6502

iMacoo7

I layed my Nike + on the counter the whole time I did my try on. The guy I had was cool and was eager to let me try on all models that he had.my appointment was scheduled for
    10:30am yesterday and I was actually seen @ 10:10am

14. Mr.C macrumors 601

When I went for my try out appointment I took my Pebble off and put it on the table. I even spent several minutes comparing it in size to the 38mm and 42mm :apple:Watches. I wasn't told to put it away out of site. In fact the Apple employee that was helping me didn't know what the Pebble was and was fascinated enough to ask me questions about it.