Try-on Appointments

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by n10797, Apr 9, 2015.

1. n10797 macrumors newbie

Is it just me or have I not seen any information on how to book a try-on appointment at your local Apple Store on April 10th?

Are we just supposed to go to the store when it opens? Can we call ahead? I want to try it on ASAP to help my decision!

2. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I'm guessing you'll be able to make the appointment online or through the store app.

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

00:01 PDT tonight you'll be able to make an appointment is my guess.

4. n10797 thread starter macrumors newbie

The fact that we have to guess at how this will work is pretty ridiculous to me...

5. refslady macrumors regular

I'm surprised that Apple didn't release the procedure in advance just to prevent stores from being inundated with phone calls today.

6. technosix macrumors 6502a

Apple is in a position of strength and control. They no longer need to cater to customers. Factoring in the snobbish fashion industry Apple's changing to a more elitist company, making product harder to buy, more expensive and limited. If you want one you'll do as Apple says, when they say so, and maybe you'll get a watch.

7. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Didn't they say that appointments would be made through the Apple Store app? Or was that part of the leaked training materials and not official?

8. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

this is annoying to me too. I'm not buying a watch without trying it on.
    What i'm confused about is that if I order in the store at my try on appointment, are they just going to put me at computer to order online for home delivery. Do I get in-store pickup?

9. leeingham macrumors 6502

They will probably direct you to the computers in store to order form there as no in store pick up apparently

10. Joe HS macrumors 6502

Does anyone else hope to get a try-on appointment tomorrow without planning to pre-order?

Edit: I have some interest in Apple Watch but not enough to purchase one at this time, although it will be great to experience one early - as well as see which size I prefer for if and when the time comes.

11. leeingham macrumors 6502

Im pre-ordering two watches and going in tomorrow morning to see which I DONT want and cancel that order

12. Darkknight59 macrumors newbie

Darkknight59

I'm ordering two with the hope that one delivers on 4/24, the other I will cancel based upon delivery date.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Looks like Apple has changed the way it introduces products, wearables at least. They are wanting to avoid the lines.

14. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Apple clearly stated that the watch would be available for purchase and try-on on April 10. I'm sure all your questions will be answered on April 10. April 10. April 10. Today is April 9.

15. natallica macrumors 6502

I went to a local Apple Store today and asked. The employee wasn't sure so she asked the store manager who said that appointments can be reserved at the same time the pre-orders start. Hopefully a store manager has the correct info!

16. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

I'm really surprised we don't a conclusive answer on this of yet.

17. leeingham macrumors 6502

Appointments are booked same way as a genius bar appointment - going live at 8:01 tomorrow morning (UK this is) - confirmed by a friend in the know ;)

18. matt550 macrumors 6502

I'm going to pre-order a watch tonight at 12:01. Then make an appointment to try it on after work. I hope it all works out. If not I'll simply cancel my order and reorder a different watch.

19. natallica macrumors 6502

Yeah, I told a couple of the store employees that this seemed like a very un-Apple product launch and they just nodded in agreement.