Try on experience

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dilap, Apr 11, 2015.

1. dilap, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

dilap macrumors 6502a

I know there are a lot of threads, but I thought I share mine anyway.
    Just got back, very interesting. They only had White in Sports to try on, and unfortunately I could not get a picture. About the band; it was very comfortable, and did not feel like cheap rubber. It was secure, light, and almost premium like. For some reason, the employee did not let me mix and match, so no aluminium with Milanese Loop. I used the SS models though. First off, the Milanese Loop is very nice, and my favourite, it feels like a fabric mesh, you cannot feel the little loops or anything, it feels like a metal band on the inside. It is metal, so don't expect it to be leather like. Next was the Classic Buckle, it was very nice, simple and also comfortable, quite easy to put on. Finally, the leather loop, I tried it in the 42mm, as they did not have my size, the 38mm. It was comfortable, but you could feel the little bumps, I got used to them though. I did get to use haptic feedback, and that was very nice, I have it on
    my Kindle though, so I was used to it. Got some photos, sorry for quality. Also got a picture of the Blue and White in display case. Any questions? [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, OP! It is too bad they wouldn't let you mix and match. I might just buy a Milanese band down the road even though I ordered a sport. Hopefully the bands are compatible with watches going forward.

3. dilap thread starter macrumors 6502a

They are compatible across edditions, Apple confirmed.

4. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I was on the fence with the blue leather loop but after seeing pics here and then trying it on, I committed. It's pretty nice. Now, to decide if I want to keep my black leather loop order too...

5. dilap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah it looks nice, but I prefer Classic/Milanese

6. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I really don't like the Milanese. For the classic, I feel like there will be third party bands that are the same for much cheaper. That one is just so basic compared to the rest.

7. dilap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, really I would just like a simple non flashy band. But I ordered the Blue Sport...... Still, I'd like to alternate.

8. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Oh yeah. Well I meant like "I hope the Apple Watch bands worth with the Apple Watch 2 and so on...

9. dilap thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah of course. I think Apple would annoy a lot of people that payed separately for the more premium bands.