Try-on reservations in Australia

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rhyme, Apr 6, 2015.

1. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

Watches will be available for pre-order from 5:01 p.m. this Friday (AEST). The My local Apple Store is open until 9 p.m. on Friday. Do you think we'll be able to make try-on reservations for Friday evening? Has there been any news yet on when the reservation system will be open? Are we working on the assumption that it will open at the same time as pre-orders?

(Mind you, this Friday is my 5th wedding anniversary, so I won't be spending the evening trying on watches anyway -- nonethless, I am curious).

2. Elzbeth macrumors regular

I was wondering the same, had asked in previous thread but got no response. Hopefully someone knowledgable will know. I'm guessing it won't be until Saturday to be more in line with the U.S., plus I'm struggling to imagine how they would set up the store halfway through a trading day.

3. walshy1009 macrumors regular

walshy1009

My mothers partner walked into the Apple Store at Highpoint the other day (Highpoint being in Victoria) He was asking one of the Apple Store employees about the Apple Watch and she reserved a booking for him right there on the spot before April 10!

Seems some stores are starting to reserve appointments for customers in advance of April 10.