Try the fruit today! Waited less than 30 min for phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trouser Cough, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Trouser Cough macrumors member

Trouser Cough

Crowded Busses, Cramped Elevators, Taco Bell
    Sooooooo glad I didn't go yesterday. Walked up, no reservation, no priority. less than 30 min later I was activating my iP4 :)

LV Mall, PA if anyone's interested.

2. bluer101 macrumors regular

Same with me, dropped of the wife and kid and went right to the mall. There were about 15 people ahead of me and got in and out within 30 minutes with 2 phones. They said they had about 70-80 that did not pick up yesterday. Just got through syncing them and going to deliver her phone now. Maybe it will be worth something tonight!:rolleyes:

3. ducktales macrumors regular

if not, rape is always an option.

4. jap1198 macrumors 6502

haha same here! I was at the Knox Apple Store and I was in and out in less than an hour.

5. Star-fire macrumors 6502

That's what I told all the people around me in line that didn't have a reservation.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No reservations today I don't believe. I think they were canceled at end of biz yesterday.

7. Star-fire macrumors 6502

Yes, that's what I ment, if they didn't have one yesterday, get there in the morning today and all those people that had 2 reservations, or pre-orded and reserved would be up for grab phones today. Hope some took my advice.

8. jtara macrumors 65816

Well, San Diego Fashion Valley sold-out yesterday. They weren't adding anyone to the end of the walk-in line. They cut if off around 11:00, when I arrived to stand in line for my reserved phone. (Took about 4 hours, people who arrived even later - say, 2PM lucked-out as the wait got shorter.)

However, all of the stores are going to have SOME phones available today, from the people who failed to pick up their reserved phones yesterday.

9. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

Two of my local Apple stores said they're pretty much selling today and won't have any until next week. I'll swing by (again) after work today and will try my luck.

10. ashVID macrumors regular

This was absolutely known and shared by most Apple stores. I posted about it early in the week. Even though stock may have been "sold out" there were going to be a lot of unclaimed reserved phones that were going to be released on day 2.

I know a couple guys who strolled into the Apple store at 10am today and left at 10:15 with activated phones. This was at the Nashville store where up to 500 people lined up yesterday, even those with reservations were waiting 5-7 hours.

I am sick of people whining about lines on release day products. This is part of the promo and process. It is an EVENT not just a sale of product. Would local news show up to cover people who had appointments at the Genius bar?

The fail here is not Apple, it's not AT&T, it's the people whining about having to wait in line on launch day on a highly anticipated product. You could have waited a day and not had any hassle.

ash =o)