TRY THIS: For AT&T site USE INTERNET EXPLORER!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mechanesthesia, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mechanesthesia macrumors member

I have IE7.

I just finished pre-ordering my iPhone through Inernet Explorer of all browsers! I never use it! But it worked!

In Firefox, everytime I clicked "Shop" or "Upgrade" it took me back to the login screen and it just took me to my account page.

In Chrome, everytime I went to the "Shop" it STILL showed the 3GS! I'm guessing it was using caches or something? But it even kept doing it after I deleted my cookies and history.

With IE7 I had no problems!

[Of course the whole hour and a half that I was trying this, since 4am, the Apple site was STILL loading on various browsers and tabs].

2. Ferrd macrumors regular

Ferrd

This worked for me as well. Safari would not display the new iphones. I logged into one of my work servers and used IE from there. New iphones showed up! I am purchased and ready to go! Time for bed

3. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

4. Marcus72 macrumors member

i waited an hour at apple.com using internet explorer, i gave up.

I downloaded Google chrome and got thur, I pre-order 2 phones. YAY!!!

5. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

An ancient browser heard from in legends that was found on PCs.

6. Shark131 macrumors member

When i click preorder the iphone 4 only 3gs comes up. What am i doing wrong. I am eligible for an upgrade and $18 waived,etc

7. joshheller macrumors newbie

Finally got it.

I had the same problem and just patiently kept re-entering my phone number, zip code and ss#. A few times it got me to the screen where it asked me to choose my data plan, then I clicked continue, and then it said Session Time Out.

I kept trying and trying and eventually (after 2 hours) it worked.

Don't give up! And don't double click the "Continue" button or you'll be reset. You know what I mean? If you click continue and it looks like it's doing nothing, just wait patiently.

I used Chrome.

http://twitpic.com/1wy3kx

-@joshheller

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Using Chrome, go to AT&T, no problem, no waiting, order done.

9. idyll macrumors 6502

you're a lifesaver!

tried every browser in os x but iphone 4 wasnt showing up (i have an existing att account, it seems to show up for new accts just fine). saw this thread and rebooted into windows 7 and ordered the new iphone 4 through internet explorer :)

10. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

Nice idea, but no luck for me.

Win 7, IE, upgradin g a line - AT&T shows no iPhone 4. This is apparently an issue with many Premier customers.

11. Sykotic macrumors member

Same here.

12. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

No iPhone 4 here either but I see the preorder now ad. How do you remove a FAN account?