Try This!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davidy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Display a photo on your touch. When you turn the touch vertically and horizontally the picture changes orientation so you can still view it "upright".

Now, do the same thing but as you are turning the touch, keep tapping the screen with two fingers. The trick here is to be tapping the screen when the picture is midway between changing orientation. If you do it right, the picture will stay tilted on the screen. This only affects the picture you're viewing at the time and the effect goes away when you bring up the next picture. You can also do the two-fingered enlarge thing with the tilted picture.

2. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Do tell when it's broken.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

what is the benefit of doing this?

4. dan99iel macrumors newbie

Give him a break guys! No need to be harsh! Thanx for sharing, and for a fact. It was something i DIDN'T know yet.

*Adds to list of ipod touch exploits*

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It's handy to know if you have a picture on your Touch that should have been rotated before it was put there. Using that trick would allow you to look at the picture normally. The tapping distracts the OS from watching the rotation. I sometimes can't get Safari rotated, and it's usually becauseI was touching the screen as I rotated it.

6. Addy1975 macrumors newbie

- never tried to get the photos rotated, however what has happened a few times, is when my g/f is scrolling through the photo's 'swiping across' quite fast- all of a sudden the device suddenly scrolls through every photo automatically at a very fast speed, and only stops when it reaches the end.

She has done this twice now, but i don't know how she manages this.

I have tried to replicate, but no luck - anyone else had this...?

7. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

It could be nice to have a tilted pic as your wallpaper I suppose...

I guess this is sort of like:

When you have your iPod touch in shuffle mode, tap next and straight after double tap the artwork (or the other way round, tap first then quickly change song). This way the songs in that album don't appear over a black background, they appear over the artwork. Quite cool but pretty useless!

8. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

9. davidy thread starter macrumors 6502

davidy

The answer is that there is no benefit in doing this, unless you have a tilted picture that you want to view "straightened out." Otherwise it's just something that you can do.

Since I've answered your question, maybe you could do me the courtesy of answering a question for me: What games do you have loaded into your touch and what purpose do they serve?

10. baadtaste macrumors member

baadtaste

lol - to recognize fun, you need a playful mind.

Some people, said the Muffin Man, prefer Cupcakes -
    I for one do not!
    F.Z.

11. hansvon macrumors member

Wow, guys, no need to crucify the guy for finding a cool little glitch. It's only benefit is that it is cool, and that's that. I mean, isn't "it's cool" the main, #1 reason you bought the iPod touch? (Think about, you could have spent a lot less on more storage, etc. What was your ultimate reason for buying?)

12. intempo808 macrumors regular

I couldn't get this to work :confused:

I tried loads of times and it didn't do it.

Well, at least I can't break my iPod this way now... phew...

13. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

14. BassistKing1 macrumors member

15. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Haha chill out :)

16. puke macrumors regular

I dont get why peeps here are so darm hostile. Its a cool feature if you want your wallpaper tilted in some way. Thanks for sharing mate :)