Trying this thing out in the Sydney Apple Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MowingDevil, Oct 16, 2008.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Now keeping in mind I'm obviously not used to it yet...the trackpad is going to take some work, I keep going for the "button" with my thumb...its nice though and very responsive. I find the scrolling much smoother than the down arrow which seems choppy. The keypad I'm sure I can get used to...I don't have much chiclet experience so I find the action response odd...its short but efficient w/o the "play" of the older types. I still maintain I'd prefer the last version's but all this will take is getting used to. Its a different physical action altogether, it feels like its giving my hands cramps just typing this...hopefully its just takes getting used to.

Now onto the screen...maybe its the lighting here in the store but this is going to take ALOT of getting used...and might just drive me nuts. Alot of people are going to hate this. Its beautiful but you have to trick your mind into not seeing yourself...on black backgrounds it makes a perfect mirror if you are the narcissist type. Its a good thing Apple has a white background (this site too, all the reflection on bezel just POPS out on the screen when it goes to black.

Obviously I don't have to comment on how beautiful the machine is...it does feel alot more solid than previous models. Its a work of art I must admit it but I'll need confirmation that I can daisy chain both my firewire devices before plunking down the cash...and make sure I can live w/ the new keyboard & glossy mirror effects. I'll keep trying this out & write more later. If anyone wants anything checked out just let me know.

2. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I'd like to add, I was taking the train home and I looked out the window. It was dark and my reflection in the window was almost exactly how it was in the Apple shop. Has anyone had a chance to use it in better "lighting" situations? I'd really like to know how that screen is going over w/ in-home-use as opposed to the bright store.