iPhone 6(S)(+) TRYING TO ADD VIDEO FILE H.265 TO 6S..

mrk123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Why do Apple have to make things SO complicated... Over engineered!

I want t add a video file, it should be a simple case of drag n drop!

I have the video file in a folder on mac desktop, I have synced that folder wth phone, only pictures showing up, I have clicked the sync videos too... what's going on?!

mrk123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Apple never supported 'drag and drop' for its devices.

Check Videos app on your phone.
I noramlly put it in a folder called IPHONE then sync that.... what's happened here?
[doublepost=1551986829][/doublepost]
Apple never supported 'drag and drop' for its devices.

Check Videos app on your phone.
Also what videos app?

mrk123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
In your area the Videos app maybe now called the TV app.
There is a movies bit on the phone in itunes, but it says

"iTunes cannot sync movies or TV shows to the iPhone “Phone” because the TV app or the Videos app is not installed."
"You must download the TV app or the Videos app from the App Store on your iPhone in order to sync movies or TV shows."

This is way too complicated
[doublepost=1551987233][/doublepost]I have always just added into the synced folder... what's going on

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

"iTunes cannot sync movies or TV shows to the iPhone “Phone” because the TV app or the Videos app is not installed."
"You must download the TV app or the Videos app from the App Store on your iPhone in order to sync movies or TV shows."

[doublepost=1551987233][/doublepost]I have always just added into the synced folder... what's going on
You need to follow the instructions.

You are making this difficult!

It is not complicated.

RecentlyConverted

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015

On your iPhone - Download Videos app or TV app from App Store.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009

It's not as complicated as you're making it. It's telling you exactly why it can't sync the video and how to correct the problem yourself. You need to install the TV/Videos app. From the App Store. On your iPhone. Seriously, it's all right there. Just read what it's telling you to do and then do it.

Reactions: chabig

mrk123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
It's not as complicated as you're making it. It's telling you exactly why it can't sync the video and how to correct the problem yourself. You need to install the TV/Videos app. From the App Store. On your iPhone. Seriously, it's all right there. Just read what it's telling you to do and then do it.
OK I will get the TV app, but has it changed, why can't i just add to folder like i used to?
[doublepost=1551991220][/doublepost]OK I have got app, it seems to have transfered into the app, but I can't now upload to Instagram???

ARizz44

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL

I have the video file in a folder on mac desktop, I have synced that folder wth phone, only pictures showing up, I have clicked the sync videos too... what's going on?!
I think I understand what you are saying but please forgive me if I misinterpreted. It sounds like you have a folder on your computer that you typically sync back to your phone via iTunes in order to have your photos and videos in your photos app (the folder you synced) without needing to keep them in the camera roll. It sounds like you have the 'include videos' box checked in iTunes when syncing so you are not sure why the video does not sync along with the pictures.

If I am on track thus far, could it be that you are using a computer that is not compatible with the newer HEVC files? In my case, any videos I have shot in 4K at 30fps or 60fps become H.265 format, a format that my 2013 MacBook Pro is not equipped to work with. The newer H.265 files will not sync from my MacBook, via folders, back to my iPhone. That is the issue for me, and just tossing it out there in case it is what you are facing as well.

mrk123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
I think I understand what you are saying but please forgive me if I misinterpreted. It sounds like you have a folder on your computer that you typically sync back to your phone via iTunes in order to have your photos and videos in your photos app (the folder you synced) without needing to keep them in the camera roll. It sounds like you have the 'include videos' box checked in iTunes when syncing so you are not sure why the video does not sync along with the pictures.

If I am on track thus far, could it be that you are using a computer that is not compatible with the newer HEVC files? In my case, any videos I have shot in 4K at 30fps or 60fps become H.265 format, a format that my 2013 MacBook Pro is not equipped to work with. The newer H.265 files will not sync from my MacBook, via folders, back to my iPhone. That is the issue for me, and just tossing it out there in case it is what you are facing as well.
Well, you are quite accurate I think... But I have done it before with this macbook, it is 2010/2011 nut going strong... 16gb ram, 1tb... I have done this before and using the h.265 format, so don't know why it is not working now?
[doublepost=1551993606][/doublepost]Is it possible for me to get my own movies onto my phone???? Can't belive I'm having issues with this???

Jimmy James

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I’ve found some videos allocated under “Home Videos” or something else. Look through all of the folders. Or use a third party app, like Infuse.

mrk123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
I’ve found some videos allocated under “Home Videos” or something else. Look through all of the folders. Or use a third party app, like Infuse.
I don't have a home videos folder anywhere....

I don't understand why I now can't do this?? Must be a simnple fix?? That TV app did nothign... It's in there but can't access it to uploadd to social app...???

Jimmy James

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
You said this is h.265. And I don’t think there’s universal compatibility. For example, I have both file formats with compatible 2-channel audio files, and non-compatible 6-channel audio files. It also depends if it’s in a container like mkv. Just because it’s h.26x doesn’t guarantee compatibility.

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

If this is a file you downloaded etc., the 6S cannot natively play a H265 file. You will need to convert it to H264.

mrk123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Well i sorted it... I changed some of the setting in my export options, not sure which, I think the H.264 was main one, but then there was a sub option for like what device, I think I had it on iphone 4, maybe my premier is a little old, I changed it to just iphone and it sems to have worked?!

Reactions: MEJHarrison