Trying to back up to Time Machine after getting a new MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by HipHopTrex, Aug 28, 2013.

1. HipHopTrex macrumors member

Hello,

After my 2009 Pro pretty much became useless due to trackpad issues, I decided to upgrade to a 2013 Air. And backed up all my files using a time capsule with time machine. The restoration of all my files onto my air went pretty well, however now when I try to access my time capsule I keep getting an error of

"An unexpected error occurred (error code -6584)." I tried googling and nothing showed up pertaining this specific error.

Do I need to create another disk to save on the time capsule, or is that even possible?

2. Aylan macrumors regular

Aylan

I have never seen that error. How did you transfer your data? Migration Assistant?

If so, and all your data is on your MBA, I would just wipe the hard drive on the time capsule and start with a fresh Time Machine backup.

3. HipHopTrex thread starter macrumors member

I believe it's Migration Assistant? It just popped up when I started the process of booting up the computer for the first time. I thought it was handy and went for it.:eek:

That's what I thought but I'm hoping to avoid it, or at the very least postpone it a bit. I'm trying to make sure I got all my important docs,photos, etc etc moved over for sure in the migration first. But I won't have time to do a thorough check until this weekend due to classes. Thanks for your prompt reply though.