trying to burn a dvd- no audio

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by littlec7821, Jul 5, 2011.

1. littlec7821 macrumors newbie

I have an .avi movie on my computer that I am trying to make a dvd so I can play it on a dvd player, not on my computer. I used Toast 11 Titanium to convert and burn the disc, and it worked fine. I could play it without any problems in my dvd player, except there was no audio.

Is there a way to get the audio on there? I don't really care if I need to make a whole new dvd, I just want to get this thing to work. Did I skip some step in the whole converting process since I just had Toast do it for me?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Again, I want to play the dvd from a dvd player, NOT a computer

2. musique macrumors regular

musique

I've not used Toast, but when I moved from iDVD to DVDSP in the FCS I was amazed at how I underestimated the complexity of DVD burning. iDVD really makes it quite simple. It doesn't give you all the options that DVDSP does, though.

Maybe the original audio from your source material is not being coded correctly in Toast. Perhaps investigating the Toast requirements will help you solve the problem.

Good luck. Sorry I can't help.

3. littlec7821 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone else have any ideas?

im thinking that there might be a way to convert the .avi to something else and then convert it to the dvd format in toast? if that makes any sense... i dunno im just confused cause the video works perfectly there is just no audio

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Most .avi files today are DivX-encoded .avi. Toast includes DivX which handles these files just fine. Therefore, your .avi file must be some unconventional homebrew thing. Download and install Perian and Flip4Mac and try again.

5. littlec7821 thread starter macrumors newbie