Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
I have the bought leopard a while ago and ripped it with disk utility. So the file is sitting on my desktop. I lost the original disk and am now trying to burn the file and now my burner keeps having errors and won't burn the disk. Anyways, I'm trying to get leopard onto my powerbook using target disk mode as the superdrive on it is broken. Anyway, I don't have a disk, so is there another way get leopard on there. I need it on there by the end of the weekend. Any suggestions?

edit: btw it's a family pack so I have like 3 licenses left so it's legit

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
this is the error I get

picture18a8d6.png

Fallinangel

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2005
You need a DL-DVD to burn Leopard, it won't fit on a regular DVD! Maybe that's the problem, or your drive is malfunctioning.

If you have an external firewire harddrive, you can do the installation from there! Here's a guide.

Are you sure that you created the .iso with Disk Utility, because I don't think that Disk Utility can natively do .iso-files! :D

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
You need a DL-DVD to burn Leopard, it won't fit on a regular DVD! Maybe that's the problem, or your drive is malfunctioning.

If you have an external firewire harddrive, you can do the installation from there! Here's a guide.

Are you sure that you created the .iso with Disk Utility, because I don't think that Disk Utility can natively do .iso-files! :D

thanks a lot for the guide! yes, I was using dl dvds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.