Trying to buy from OWC: Approval Denied.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hello.there, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I ordered some memory for my MacBook from OWC, went through the verification process, everything seemed fine, heard nothing back from them, but when I checked my order status it said "approval denied". My credit card is fine, so it's definitely not a funds problem. I emailed them about it and am awaiting a reply. I just found it strange that they never contacted me (even with an automated notification) to say there was a problem with the order. I'm guessing it's just an issue with my address/phone number, whatever, but why didn't they let me know? :confused:

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Different billing/shipping addresses? They won't contact you if it's that, you have to contact them (I guess for security reasons).

3. Hello.there thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Thanks Batt, that might be it - I did give different billing and shipping addresses but they offered that option so I didn't think it would be a problem. (Incidentally, I switched to Mac after Dell refused to send my order to any address other than the one linked to my credit card. Apple had a more relaxed policy - phew, that was a lucky break :) )

4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

i had different blling/shipping addresses when i ordered memory from owc and they called me to verify a couple hours later

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

When I bought my MBP from MacMall, I had the same experience as the OP. I had to call them and ask why it hadn't shipped right away. That call confirmed to them that I wasn't some sort of evil credit card scammer.