trying to change sms balloon color

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by o0wesome, Jun 24, 2011.

1. o0wesome macrumors newbie

I've been working on trying to change my SMS balloon color using ifile, but to no prevail.. is there a new apple file name after balloon_1@2x~iphone.png?
    when i use that file name only a small balloon appears at the top inner edge of the message and a line of the color connects it to the side of the screen...
    any help?

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

3. o0wesome thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks! i read that post, but didn't get to the last page

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

file name is good sounds like your using the wrong size ballons

they should be 86x64

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Not necessarily. Mostly, the phone does funny things if you don't have both the 2x and non 2x pngs for each balloon in there. See this post from the thread linked above--people with the exact same issue were using balloons from this thread, which are known to work, so it wasn't a size problem.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11929887&postcount=60

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

sorry if I made it sound like that's the only but it will work with those names and those dimensions

7. o0wesome thread starter macrumors newbie

i read and re read every post in that thread I nothing seems to be changing.. here's a better visual i stole from the other post...

is there anything else i need to download from cydia? or something i should change in winterboard or ifile?

Attached Files:

8. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

HAHAHA i'm sorry but thats funny,

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

So to confirm:

Your retina images are 86x64 (the ones in that thread are, so if you took them from there, you should be fine).

You've got TWO copies of each image. They are named EXACTLY as below, right down to punctuation and caps. Double check this, because in your first post "balloon" isn't capitalized and frankly this is where I tend to screw up myself.

Picture 3.png (screenshot taken via PhoneView from my phone just now)

These four files are in a theme in Winterboard;
    they are in a folder called: Bundles,
    in a subfolder called: com.apple.chatkit (Again, watch for caps. This is another place I screw up. Tried to theme something yesterday and forgot to make a "Bundles" folder for it, LOL)

That theme is available in WB, is at the top of your list, and is checked? Uncheck, recheck and respring again to be sure, once in a while things take a second go round to appear. Also close your SMS app out in the multitasker and reopen it afterwards in case it's using a cache of some sort.

If all that is true, and you're running 4.2.1 or above, then please post screenshots of your setup in WB and iFile, because something's decidedly weird. The only other thing I can think of is you may not need the 2x files if you're on a 3G/3GS--you didn't specify your model phone. But Apple includes them for all models, I believe, and the system *should* pull the size you need.

10. nycboii123 macrumors newbie

hey guys i hate to break it to you, but there is a something on cydia called Message Bubble Colors that works with winter board. once you install it you go in winterboard and select what color you want for incoming and outgoing. there are many colors (red,black,blue,teal,pink,yellow,white,etc). so with all you guys going to the trouble of SSH, i have found an even simpler way. Your welcome.:)

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Yes, very easily done by throwing together a quick theme in WB.

Attached Files: