Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Trying to change the charging battery logo thru SSH

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hey folks, I just JB my i4 and trying to manually change the battery logo when the iphone charges.
I SSH into this location on the phone: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
And then replace the icons BatteryBG_1.png up to BatteryBG_17.png but after its done copying and replacing its still displaying the old green battery pic.
Any ideas whats up?

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Hey folks, I just JB my i4 and trying to manually change the battery logo when the iphone charges.
I SSH into this location on the phone: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
And then replace the icons BatteryBG_1.png up to BatteryBG_17.png but after its done copying and replacing its still displaying the old green battery pic.
Any ideas whats up?

You have an iPhone 4. You need to replace the BatteryBG_xx@2x.png ones ;)

Comment

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Thank you bro.
I manually changed them all to include the @2x and it went thru.
But now the duracell battery icon is like 1/4 of the size of the original green stock battery :D
WTF?

I had a feeling that might happen. It is in fact exactly 1/4th of the size. The problem is the icon size is measured in pixels. The iPhone 4 contains twice as many pixels horizontally and twice as many vertically. Your battery icon there will therefore be 1/4 of the normal size. You're going to have to wait for theme updates

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I had a feeling that might happen. It is in fact exactly 1/4th of the size. The problem is the icon size is measured in pixels. The iPhone 4 contains twice as many pixels horizontally and twice as many vertically. Your battery icon there will therefore be 1/4 of the normal size. You're going to have to wait for theme updates

I see:D
Now if I had made a backup of the stock battery icons...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.