Trying to consider the (phone OS) options

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by galstaph, May 20, 2014.

1. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I'm looking for opinions, hopefully they are constructive;)
    So I currently have a blackberry 9900, and while it has been a great phone (and I have enjoyed the unlimited internet browsing loophole), it is getting a bit long in the tooth (I've had it almost 3 years)
    So to lay things out - I am in Canada, so carriers don't have the best deals on data plans, but I can work around that I'm sure. Secondly, I have an osx/ios household, 2 iPad mini (original and retina), 3 iPod touches (2 4th gen, 1 5th gen) my wife has an iPhone 5, and we have a MacBook Pro (never letting go of my 17) and finally a Mac Pro.

Taking this into account, I wasn't really all that impressed with the iPhone 5s last year and I'm not so sure the 6 will impress me. The phones that have most interested me are the bb Z30, note 3, lumia 1020 and recently the lumia 930 (if it ever comes to canada is a different story).

So long story short, what are your opinions on these. Which could integrate into an ios/osx environment and provide the best experience? I realize they are (almost) all up for replacement models, but hey whatever.
    Or on the other hand do you think the iPhone 6 will really be all that and a bag of chips?

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Coming from BB phones myself they don't sync real well with mac's. Out of those i would go the note 3 it will sync with iPhoto, android transfer, and you can use airdroid. But that's me.