Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raquetta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Hi Everybody !

Maybe someone can help me ....

I was trying to customized my dock. I downloaded some app. from apple like Candy Bar, Dock Library, leopard dock app. Unfortunately none of this app were able to change my dock ( i tried thousand of times) , in fact, I cant even go back to the original.. looks horrible and without any of the formats it used to have . I went to system/library/coreservices/dock/contents/resources, and i try to modify it from there but I couldn't . I also, noticed that I can only read this folder ( i'm the only user of my computer) I checked the my account and logged as an Administer user. What can I do to go back to the original or be able to custom my mac ?:confused:

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
If the answer isn't in the other thread, the only other thing I can think of (if the programs you used don't have a restore function) is to make a new account and transfer your stuff over.

Sir SpemzR

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Inland Empire
sorry to thread jack, didnt want to start a new thread with a question dealing with this...can anyone tell me how i can move my dock over to the right a bit, like not the right wall (side) of my screen but just scoot it over?

thanks

raquetta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
It Works !

Thanks everybody !

I downloaded an appl. called Docker and it works :D

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
sorry to thread jack, didnt want to start a new thread with a question dealing with this...can anyone tell me how i can move my dock over to the right a bit, like not the right wall (side) of my screen but just scoot it over?

thanks

I'm not sure about 10.5 Leopard, but on 10.4 Tiger, you can't move the dock like that.

The only options are to adjust the physical size of it, and add/remove icons to make it a comfortable size.

Not sure why you'd want to move it unless you want to get iTunes controls squeezed in there, but there are apps that can place controls in the task bar at the top or in the dashboard for easy access.

POSIXFTW

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
I you want to customize your dock, you can just edit the "scurvex" image files

theweber3

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
Washington State
Well, customizing your dock ****ed me over big time. I couldn't open the apps on the dock. I had a nice looking dock, but i had to reinstall my OS and lost pretty much all of my files. Hopefully, you will have better luck.

Sir SpemzR

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
Inland Empire
I'm not sure about 10.5 Leopard, but on 10.4 Tiger, you can't move the dock like that.

The only options are to adjust the physical size of it, and add/remove icons to make it a comfortable size.

Not sure why you'd want to move it unless you want to get iTunes controls squeezed in there, but there are apps that can place controls in the task bar at the top or in the dashboard for easy access.

i was able to use docker to move it...
this was my project
picture1hmz.png

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.