Resolved Trying to decide between the new BookBook or the Incipio Flagship.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by splatman85, Jul 3, 2012.

1. splatman85, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012

splatman85 macrumors member

BookBook: http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_ipad
    Incipio Flagship: http://www.incipio.com/new-iPad-Cases/Incipio-new-iPad-Flagship-Folio-Brushed-Aluminum-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

I am just now getting an iPad (yeah late adopter :p) but I'm trying to decide on a high quality folio style case. I was originally looking at a Smart Cover + Smart Feather type combo but I want something with a little more protection and style.
    If anyone that has either of these cases (or both) have any downsides or upsides please share. Also if you got better suggestions I'm open to ideas.
    Main thing I'm worried about with the Incipio Flagship is the aluminum hinge; is it pretty sturdy/hold up well?

2. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Kind of a Ferrari, vs. Bentley discussion! I actually have both of these. I use the Flagship at work. It is really secure, and a very nice high-tech construction. I think the hinge will last a long time. The only downside is that it is kind of heavy. Also, this is not the best option if you like to fold back the cover and read.

I just received the BookBook last week for my home iPad. It is a really fun type of case. Surprisingly light. Nice dust protection. The only downside of this one is that it is a little thick, but nicely proportioned. Not bad for folding back and reading (but not as good for this as the smart cover) I use this for personal travel, but fall back on the Smart Cover/Smart Feather combo for general around the house.

A great compromise between the two (but not as interesting as either) is the STM skinny.

3. glen e macrumors 68030

about 45 days in on a flagship using it for presentations every day of the week and still solid as a rock, hinge wise - I really like it. Have a bookbook for my MBA so I essentially have both. The flag is more hi tech, where the bookbook is more casual.....like em both......

Never really understood the preoccupation about weight on any case, I'm not hiking with it....

4. splatman85 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. I just gave in and I'm trying out both. Amazon is pretty good bout returns. Got my Bookbook already and love it cept for the bezel covering...makes it harder to clean the screen off of lint.