Trying to decide, MB, or MBP!!please help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mina3088, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Mina3088 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone i'm really in a predicament. I was planning on buying the new mbp until they made the mb so similar. Other than screen size and graphics card i dont seem to see anything else that i would enjoy more? I probably wont use an mbp to its full extent but i will be moving away soon to medical school and it should be my desktop replacement, this is why i keep swaying back to the mbp.Can you guys help me decide please?!

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

3. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

We can't decide for you maybe we can male yourself ask some question

- Will you run something that needs a lot of GPU power ? games ?

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

5. marvel2 macrumors 6502

Get the MBP.

/discussion

6. munckee macrumors 65816

:rolleyes:

I disagree. I had the previous MB as my "desktop replacement" for a year with no issues. I'm planning to get a new one for the same purpose (with plenty of print design work in the mix).

I have a 1.5CS mini as well that I use for music and movies, but otherwise the laptop is my primary "heavy lifting" machine.

7. Mina3088 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all the input guys i just dont know if i would be regretting the smaller screen when it becomes my primary computer. I have a 12 inch powerbook g4 right now and the screen is definitley too small to be my primary computer. I also feel that a 400 dollar difference isn't that bad going from a macbook to a pro and getting a better screen and better graphics. anybody play with both yet?which one did you like more and why?Thanks again for your help guys!

8. sealos macrumors regular

Mina,
    I actually went from using a 15 MBP (2 years old) to a Macbook Air (gen1) and I haven't noticed a difference in screen size. The 13 in screen is nice and very usable. I use my MBA as my everyday laptop and haven't missed the 15 at all.

But now that the new MB & MBPs are out, I'm probably going to replace my 15 MBP with another 15" (mainly because of the firewire, new video out & better graphics card)

Either way, you're going to get a really nice laptop.

Cheers and good luck.

9. bitesize macrumors member