Trying to decide on getting an iPhone!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by B-Sanzabar, Jan 8, 2009.

1. B-Sanzabar macrumors newbie

Hey guys and girls!

I am currently using a Nokia E-71 and I love the phone, but I just want something else. It happens all the time.

I had the 1st gen iPhone and loved it and hated it at the same time. However, after selling it, I tend to really miss it. I went through 3 of those things and the same feeling after everyone.

My question is... what makes the 3G that much better than the 1st gen 2G iphone? I know 3G, but I really dont use the web that much...

The one thing that makes me nervous is the plastic backing. The metal backing always made me feel good about if it took a little tumble. So, how does the plastic backing hold up? I know there are some rumors of cracking, but I would like to know if it really feels sturdy!?

What else does the 3G have that the 2G doesnt have!?

One other question... what is the current iPhone data plans cost? As well as unlimited messaging?

2. HefferMikMan macrumors newbie

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Well if you don't use GPS that much either you probably won't care for that functionality either.

I've had mine since day 1 and I have not experienced any problems with the plastic backing. It feels sturdy to me, and well, I simply don't drop it so I haven't had any issues with it taking a tumble. The plastic back also allows the 3G to maintain slightly better signal strength with the cell network as well as WiFi networks.

3G, GPS, slightly better battery life, inability to work with devices that utilize charging via firewire, that's about it... oh and it comes in black and white...

iPhone 3G data plan with AT&T is $30. Unlimited messaging? I don't know. Perhaps you should go straight to the horses mouth since you've got a lot of questions: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp

4. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

That summed it up....

5. B-Sanzabar thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks alot for the quick replies...

I think I will be heading out to get one soon.