Trying to decide which one to get

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by DwainTR, Oct 30, 2013.

1. DwainTR macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

I've been using Apple products since 2008. But most of them are iphones, ipads, apple tvs and recently airport extreme. Now i want to buy a laptop on which I'm planning to write codes and daily works.

By the way, i hve a very strong PC. The specs are: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.4 MHZ | Asus Rampage IV Extreme Mainboard | Asus 690 GTX Vga Card | 16GB Gskill 4x4GB 2133 MHZ Quad Channel Ram | Corsair 2x240GB Raid 0 SSD FORCE GT | Philips D | Corsair 750W PSU | 27" DELL U2711

I was about to buy Macbook Air 13" i7, 8gb ram with 512 gb SSD. When i check the threads sometimes I feel comportable on my decision but sometimes it makes me want to buy a retina display laptop. But i really like air's shape and lightness much better than any macbook. I didn't have the chance to see the new macbook pro next to a macbook air because it's not out yet in my country.

I don't think I'll need it to play games because I already have my game machine ready at home. So do you still think a macbook air is a good start and a good deal for me? Lightness and long battery life are my needs.

I will definitely buy a macbook air with retina when it is out but bow i don't want to wait. I can also use my 27" Dell monitor sometimes which has a mini display port support with 2560x1440 resolution.

I'm asking my question to both Pro and Air users.

Thanks.

2. DwainTR thread starter macrumors newbie

Well no help or advice here but today I made my decision and ordered i7, 512 SSD, 8GB ram Macbook Air. It will arrive tomorrow. I can't wait!! :)

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

If portability and bettery life are big things for you then a macBook Air is a no brainer choice. Its two top features are battery life and portability!

4. B1ueB1aze macrumors member

I have a stock base model 13" MBA mid-2013, and I love it! It's far exceeded my expectations. I was worried that since it only had a dual core processor that it would suffer performance issues, but nope lol. It actually seems to run every day tasks faster then my brothers "desktop replacement" laptop. It starts up faster then it, wakes faster, opens applications faster, and runs those applications faster then his does. I just can't say enough great things about it! I just love OS X, and the MacBook Air's lightness, battery life, and performance. It's really a perfect computer for those looking for something fast, yet portable and with long battery life.

5. DwainTR thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't wait to have it in my hands :) Thanks guys.