Trying to decided on getting DSi or waiting for 3DS

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gumbyx84, Apr 13, 2010.

  1. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

    gumbyx84

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2008
    #1
    Hey all. I have a random topic to bounce off you guys today. Recently, I have been playing around with the idea of getting a DSi (reg or XL). I find it a better purchase then replacing my DS Lite with another DS Lite (wanted to get one of the limited edition ones). Then Nintendo leaked news of the 3DS and now I am faced with a tough decision. I could get the DSi now, or wait and see what the 3DS has to offer when its revealed in June at E3. Normally I would just wait, but there are a few DSiware (downloadable titles) that have caught my interest. Nintendo has gone on record saying that the 3DS will be the next handheld system from the company and will be backwards compatible with DS games. Sadly, they have not said anything about DSiware games.

    So ya, that is my conundrum. I can either get a DSi now and enjoy the DSiware games now, or wait and see if the 3DS will have DSiware compatibility and how it compares to the DSi. I got the money now and its burning a hole in my back pocket, so am I tempted to just get the DSi. I just don't want to be hit with buyers remorse come E3.

    So anyone else facing this "problem" or is it just my inner tech-geek getting the better of me? Any insight or advice is appreciated.
     
  2. Dagless macrumors Core

    Dagless

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2005
    Location:
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    #2
    I was thinking about getting a DSi over the summer but since they announced the 3DS I've decided to hold off for now.
    I guess it depends on what they show/announce at E3 regarding download transfers, price, availability date etc.
     
  3. 7on macrumors 601

    7on

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2003
    Location:
    Dress Rosa
    #3
    They also said the 3DS will be the "next-gen" DS. I'm assuming a hardware upgrade is in the works, perhaps Gamecube quality gfx? If not that I'd settle for PSP gfx ;)

    If you absolutely need a DS now, I'd find one used then sell it when the 3ds launches (I'm assuming holiday).
     
  4. wttheninja macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    #4
    I would wait until the 3DS is announced and showed at E3 and then decide. But for now I would wait if I was you.
     
  5. MRU macrumors demi-god

    MRU

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2005
    Location:
    Other
    #5
    The 3ds will not be available until next year (it's already been reported 2011) and knowing nintendo we are talking summer - fall 2011 at the earliest. Regardless of how impressive it is at e3 I would get a DSI now (get a dsi xl) and I have no doubt that there will be trade up options at Gamestop when the 3ds comes out anyway.
     

Share This Page