Trying to download Lion for sis

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Nomadski, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Nomadski macrumors regular

Im trying to find a way to download Lion for my sister. She has an iMac but only a dongle for internet.

I gift carded her £25 which shows in her App Store account, and have signed in with her details. But because I already have Lion installed on my Macbook Pro it wont let me be charged and redownload it.

Anyone know a way to do it? I know I can probably get away with using the Lion I downloaded for my own macbook, but I want it to be done legit, and in her name.

2. Hamilton1963, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

Hamilton1963 macrumors regular

This is what you need to do:

On her computer:

1- Click on the Apple icon
    2- Click on App Store
    3- Sign on to your account
    4- Click on "Purchases"
    5- Press and hold the "Option" key and click on "Purchases" again
    6- It should read "Install Now"
    P.S. You'll be able to register the OS on her name, its not against the law. I did it on my daughter's computer and register it under her name.

3. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

Is it the same gift card try a different one might help to purchase and download.

4. Nomadski thread starter macrumors regular

If im effectively installing the Lion I purchased on my App Store account could I effectively just copy the install.app I copied to a USB when I originally installed my own Lion?

I cant download on her mac as she hasn't got broadband.

And will this cause any issues for my sister? Her app store wont list Lion as being a purchase.

5. Hamilton1963 macrumors regular

To install the OS her computer needs to be connected to the internet. Thats the only way I know you can install the OS in your account on her computer.