Resolved Trying to figure out what tweak this is (need help please)video

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nekcik, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Nekcik, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012

Nekcik macrumors member

Nekcik

Hi ,

I got my Co-worker to install Sbsettings, Insomnia and Insomnia toggle on his phone and I set it up for him to use activator for when his iphone is on the lock screen he can double press the home button to turn on/off Insomnia and when he does it an alert style box appears and disappears saying Insomnia Enabled/Disabled.

I remember I once had this alert appear when I swiped up on my lock screen when I used to have an app called Hands-free control and used Activator to toggle it on and off but since I've removed it and a few other apps and can't reproduce it on my iphone.
    I've tried looking at all the apps he has installed and compare with mine and he has a few that are paid that I'm not interested in purchasing just to see if those are the ones that would make the alert show up so I'm here to ask for help.

I've added a Youtube video that I took of his phone as I was activating insomnia using a double press home button through Activator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PqZ8SEno6M&feature=g-upl

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's been bugging the piss out of me to figure out what it is.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Doesn't look familiar to me but maybe if you can list the apps/tweaks he has and you don't then I can help. Did you try reading their description or even seeing they have any videos on the app/tweaks page or even on youtube?

3. Nekcik thread starter macrumors member

Nekcik

Unfortunately we are both gone from work and I can't compare his cydia apps with mine to tell you what he has that I don't I honestly just thought it was something built into Activator but I tried re-installing it and nothing changed.

The one payed app that I can recall him having on his iphone that I didn't have was called Bulletin (not Pro) but I don't think it was that because I've never had that installed on my phone and like I mentioned I did have it installed at once time, but I've removed a few apps and can't recall them and they all don't show up on the previously installed apps when you check your Cydia account.

the one app that did ring a bell when I checked under the expert tab under his installed apps was an app called Erica Utilities. I installed it but didn't respring maybe that was what it was but I don't quite understand what the app is supposed to do in the first place, I just remember having it installed at one time as a pre-requisite to another app.
    And no luck on the youtube videos for finding it.

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah as far as I know Bulletin doesn't do anything like that. I'm not sure what Erica Utilities does but at some point it was installed automatically with something I installed. I don't think it's an app/tweak itself so you can cross that off your list too.

5. kokhean macrumors regular

I've bookmarked this page as I want to know this too :)

6. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Mine does that too when I activate Bluetooth and lockdown pro. It's just a combination of activator and sbsetings toggles.

7. Nekcik thread starter macrumors member

Nekcik

Do you think you can tell us how your settings for the 2 are set up to get the boxes to appear. I tried a bunch of options and can't seem to get it to work. Thanks!

8. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

I don't actually have sbsettings anymore. I downloaded it for the toggles and then removed it.

I have activator set up where swipe up from bottom right of springboard toggles Bluetooth and swipe down from status bar toggles lockdown.

9. Nekcik thread starter macrumors member

Nekcik

I wonder if maybe there is another Cydia app you have installed that is getting the activator commands to show. Because I see no options in activator to make it work.
    Sometimes I hate being OCD when it comes to setting up my iPhone the way I want
    And I appreciate all the help from everyone.

10. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

You don't have these settings in activator? These toggles are the ones that cause that box.

[​IMG]

11. Nekcik thread starter macrumors member

Nekcik

Yes I have that and I have selected insomnia to toggle but no box appears. I am absolutely dumbfound by this. It has to be something else tomorrow I will list the apps I have installed in Cydia maybe that will help.

12. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Hmm that's weird. I don't have much installed at all from Cydia, but it's done that as long as I can remember.

13. kokhean macrumors regular

14. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Well I'm jealous, I wish mine didn't lol

Here's a list of my tweaks, but I really don't think any of these are what's causing it?

Albumart on switcher
    Bitesms
    Browser changer
    Gridlock
    Lockdown pro
    No lock screen
    Springtomize 2

And obviously the normal stuff like mobile substrate, substrate safe mode, etc.

15. Nekcik thread starter macrumors member

Nekcik

The apps I have installed are:

A UINique HD Theme (winterboard)
    Activator
    Airplane SBSettings
    Applist

Barrel
    BigBoss Icon Set
    Bug Fix: Duplicate Icons
    Bug Fix: Stuck Pages

Callbar
    Clear Folder Themes (winterboard)
    CoverMeNot
    Cydia Installer
    Cydia Translations

Default HD SBSettings

Folder Enhancer

Glowing Sliders (winterboard)

Insomnia
    Insomnia Toggles
    IWipe Cache

KillBackGround

Libdisplaystack
    LowPowerBanner

Maximization
    Mobile Substrate

No Update

Open in ProTube

ProTube
    PushTone

Reveal
    Rocky Racoon 5.1.1

SBSettings
    sbsettingstoggles
    Serious SBSettings HD
    SpeakEvents
    SpringBoardAccess
    Springtomize 2 -iOS 5+
    Substrae Safe Mode
    SwipeShiftCaret

Transparent StatusBar (winterboard)

vWallpaper 2 for iOS5/

Winterboard

3G Unrestrictor 5

I just cleared all my .plist checked and the box still doesn't appear :(

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Edit: And yes I payed for every Paid app in the event if anyone asks maybe it might be corrupted since it could have been a pirated app. I don't believe in ripping off developers.

16. Nekcik thread starter macrumors member

Nekcik

Anyone? Maybe during the weekdays traffic will pick up and a few more people will see this. Close to 1k views and still haven't figured this out. I've tried everything as far as deleting .plist files, removing and re-installing SBSettings and Activator, checking Google and Youtube videos and no luck.

17. Nekcik thread starter macrumors member

Nekcik

So I figured out what was wrong and I know how to fix it for those who are interested I can tell you how to easily fix it. I'll change the thread to resolved for now though.

18. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Although I was already getting the alert, I am curious what was wrong?

19. kokhean macrumors regular

Please tell us!