Trying to find Apple Accessory (MBP) Retailers in Boston, MA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gumbyx84, Feb 12, 2009.

1. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Hey all. I know this is probably going to be looked over by a lot of people, but I am tired of running around this city trying to find what I am looking for. Does anyone know of any retail stores (chain or not) besides the Apple Store that sell MBP accessories like palmguard/wrist pads and keyboard covers? I am in need of a new palmguard for my early 08 MBP and have searched high and low throughout the city for the past 2 weeks trying to find stores that carry them. The Apple Store in Copley doesn't carry any of the "original" MBP anymore, and even if they did, the ones they carry are too thick (after Apple Store replaced my screen, I can no longer close the MBP). I have check MicroCenter, Best Buy, The Coop, and a Copley Apple repair center for them and I have come up with nothing.

Again, I doubt anyone will be able to help, but if you live in the Boston area and can point me towards a store that carries palmguards (preferbly Moshi PalmGuard or Isis Dei Hand-Plant), I would be very greatful.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help me out.

2. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Is there no one out there that can help me out?

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Why not just buy it from Amazon? they have the Moshi PalmGuard.

4. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

I want to know that the PalmGuard won't cause the same problem as wrist pad from the Marware Protection Pack is. If the PalmGuard is as think or thicker then that one, I wasted time and money. At a retail store I can at least check to make sure its thinner before buying it.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I would suggest contacting the manufacturer by email as they normally maintain lists of resellers of their products. They should be able to help you out with a little luck.

6. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Didn't think of that. I'll have to give that a try. :crosses fingers: Thanks.

7. gamera~ macrumors member

the only place I go to in boston other than boylston apple store is University Computers @ Boston University. They do sell apple accessories (not a lot thought) and they did have some older stuff in a clearance sale last time I was in. ~Mike

8. gumbyx84 thread starter macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Thanks for the heads up. I don't see anything on their site, but I'm going to give them a call later today.