trying to fix crack screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by soyuppy, Jun 16, 2010.

1. soyuppy macrumors newbie

Got iPhone 3G. Dropped and cracked the screen, but phone was functional otherwise, if I don't mind getting myself cut from time to time.

Google and watch plethora of you tube DIY to replace the screen. So I order one from Zeetron.

Anyway, I followed all the instructions and everything was good...so I thought. Here are the sequence of events.

1. Put everything back and get iPhone backup up and operational, except the ear speakers where you listen in when you talk on the phone. I cannot hear, but other can hear me.
    2. So I pop it back up and found that cable #3 somehow got disconnect. So I reconnected.
    3. Ever since then, I can't get it back in operational. In one instance, I got everything to come up but it would not got sleep - white screen and during phone talk, things would go haywire (speakers would turn on or key pad would get popup and push numerously) and it runs very hot...something is not connected right.

It seems that cable #1 is very hard to snap back in...I thought I got it snapped in but then get snapped back out just on simple movement.

How do I know all the cables are snapped in correctly? of the 3 cable (1, 2, 3),which one does what? Anyone has any suggestion?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I followed the guides on iFixit. Worked for me first time. Just push them back until you feel a little resistance.

3. soyuppy thread starter macrumors newbie

Every instruction that I've seen, including iFixIt, focus on how to disassemble. Yes, one would think just revers the step, it's done. I would think that snapping these connectors are not a difficult task, but seems like there's more than on ways that they can be snapped in and if you snapped it wrong...its the situation that I'm in right now.

4. thomasjenkins macrumors newbie