Trying To Free Up Some iPhone Memory - Help Please...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcbkk, Aug 8, 2009.

1. marcbkk macrumors member

Hi Yall…

I am running an iPhone 3G unlocked and jail broken with redsn0w and ultrasn0w and the 3.0 firmware.

I only have an 8GB phone so I don’t have as much space for music as I want. On iTunes I saw that I have lost 1.1 GB of memory to what it is classifying as “Other”.

I assume part of this is space taken up by Cydia and the few applications from Cydia that I have added. But I haven’t added much at all and can’t imagine that the Cydia stuff is taking up all that memory space.

I have also cleared out all of my saved text messages, sent emails and all the emails in the trash bin and that only gave me back around 50MB of that “Other” memory. I do have some saved videos in Cycorder, but all of those combined only total 60MB anyway.

Of course this also has nothing to do with saved photos or real Apple Store applications because they are not included in this “Other” memory calculation, but are in their own memory usage category in iTunes.

So I was wondering what else I might be able to do in order to try and free up some more memory in the “Other” category for music storage?

Any help on this is much appreciated....

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

"Delete" should become your new, favorite word of the day.

3. marcbkk thread starter macrumors member

That would be the obvious solution. But I don't know what I can delete to free up space in the "Other" section of the phone's memory. That is the point of my post.

4. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Isn't Other also the DLC for apps? For example, extra songs put on Tap Tap Revenge 2?