Trying to get an iPhone but having difficulties please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tepsick, May 4, 2009.

1. tepsick macrumors newbie

alright look, my boss has a (business?) plan with at&t, and hes adding a line for me, and of course I want an iphone. First problem is that he does business through an authorized dealer-i know they cant sell iphones. the rep said i can get one through an apple store or retail at&t store BUT that my boss would have to switch his plan to corporate? (my boss won't switch regardless) wtf does that mean? do authorized dealers offer different plans/contracts than retail att stores? or does this guy just have no clue? and if so, how can i go about getting and iphone 3g 8g for the 2 year price and get it activated legitimately? an no im not buying one for 500 bucks off of ebay lol

p.s. after i heard all this, i asked what other phones they had, this guy tried selling me a samsung impression, he said its just like the iphone but with a qwerty (i wanted to slap him)

seriously though please help or i might have to get the impression :'(

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I honestly don't know why an iPhone would HAVE to be on a corp plan. I bet that I would work just fine on your current plan with a 3G data plan. It already has exchange email support built in if you need that.

3. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I purchased the my first phone and service through and authorized dealer. When I went to get an iPhone I had no issues buying from either the AT&T store or the Apple store. I know your boss wants to deal with this dealer but it can't be the only option. You/he should also be able to get one off of the AT&T website if he logs into his account. Maybe he would be open to that idea...I also can't think of any reason why it would have to be on a corporate account.

If your boss says your only option is to buy from this guy then I don't know what you can do.

4. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Go to an AT&T retail store and tell them your problem. Also have the name of the authorized dealer you talk to. I'm thinking he's full of sh*t.

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

It sounds like the authorized retailer is trying to force your boss to buy the phone through him for the commission.