Trying to get cydia back

fiendclub63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Ok.. I think ive put myself from check to checkmate this time
Cut a long story short, im on iOS 10.2 jailnroken and i installed a repo and then installed a cydia app.
Afterwards I lost cydia, settings and safari filza.. desperately trying to install cydia again I didn't have afc installed in cydia to allow ifunbox to work properly.
Anyway I installed yalu again but guess what? I cannot verify account in settings because the setting icon is gone. Tried a search. I just thought if i could reinstall cydia I might be able to undo everything. Is There a way to verify the user outside of settings? Gut feeling is no and especially in a non jailbroken state? I am screwed aren't I? Ipad is fine other than that

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Seems like the good old "wrecked jailbreak issue",did you by mistake turn on automatic updates? If so,try a complete factory reset,and upgrade. Of course that will kill the jailbreak,and everything related to that,but what's worst? A worthless iPad that can only be used as mousepad for some ooold laptop,or a device that works as it's supposed to do,but cannot be jailbroken?

fiendclub63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Seems like the good old "wrecked jailbreak issue",did you by mistake turn on automatic updates? If so,try a complete factory reset,and upgrade. Of course that will kill the jailbreak,and everything related to that,but what's worst? A worthless iPad that can only be used as mousepad for some ooold laptop,or a device that works as it's supposed to do,but cannot be jailbroken?
[doublepost=1500282354][/doublepost]No, no auto update.. still on 10.2. Your post seems very realistic but i just don't want to leave 10.2. I have shsh blobs for 10.2 but haves a windows machine pc and are in a non jailbroken state..

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
[doublepost=1500282354][/doublepost]No, no auto update.. still on 10.2. Your post seems very realistic but i just don't want to leave 10.2. I have shsh blobs for 10.2 but haves a windows machine pc and are in a non jailbroken state..
Non jailbroken? Dude,you need a jailbreak to install anything at all that's not from App Store,so installing cydia require a jailbreak,just as it did first time you installed it. If you don't want a factory reset,your device will most likely freak out totally soon.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.