Trying to get iWork 08 on 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thadoggfather, Nov 22, 2007.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

On my mom's iMac she has 10.4 and I just upgraded her to Leopard using an upgrade disk. But she still has the old iPhoto on there (and other iWork programs). On my macbook pro I could use the supplied 10.4 OS X disks to get the latest iPhoto and everything off of there but I can't seem to do it with the iMac any suggestions?

2. unity macrumors 6502a

Not sure what you are saying. First Leopard does NOT come with iLife. Now if your factory 10.4 disc came with iLife 08 and you want to install it off of there you will have to dig into the disc and find the iLife installers., but you can not boot from it or run the installer.

edit: And of course this would be against the EULA since your CDs are meant for your computer and one license.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Must be loaded on the MacBook, since it has the correct ID.

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

oh i see. thanks guys

i kinda knew it was against EULA but I didn't know there was actual stuff preventing me from installing it on another computer...

and by iWork, I mean iLife (iPhoto and such)...

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Then just say iLife cause iWork is different.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

This is where Pacifist comes in handy.

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You can use your MBP as the disc drive to install the optional bundled software on your mom's Mac. Just use Firewire target disc mode. Connect both Macs together via Firewire, place the 10.4 disc in your MBP, shut both Macs down.
    Start each of them up at the same time but press the "T" key on the MBP since it's the "target" computer with the install disc. Within seconds you will get the Firewire symbol on the MBP and the iMac will start up to the desktop showing the OS X install disc from the MBP. From there just install what you need. Happy Thanksgiving. :)