Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inahandbasket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Hi, All -

First post here. Basic computer user. I have a MacBook w/ the Intel Core Duo, 2009. I've never upgraded to Snow Leopard. My first ever iPhone (4S) is being delivered on Friday. So I've been reading about the Cloud, etc., and realize I need to upgrade to Lion. The Apple website says I need to have Snow Leopard installed before I can upgrade to Lion.

I've called local Apple stores and no one carries the DVD software for Snow Leopard. I tried MacMall, no dice. Is the Apple website (besides Ebay) the only place to get Snow Leopard!?

Nov 28, 2010
located
As you will spend 29 USD to get SL and 29 USD to get Lion, you could also get the Lion Install stick for 69 USD, though it costs 10 USD more than the combo, but it might be easier to acquire. Or do the local Apple Stores don't have them too?

inahandbasket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
As you will spend 29 USD to get SL and 29 USD to get Lion, you could also get the Lion Install stick for 69 USD, though it costs 10 USD more than the combo, but it might be easier to acquire. Or do the local Apple Stores don't have them too?

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into it.

----------

Just looked into the Lion Install Stick. It's a usb stick w/ Lion. I need Snow Leopard. Guess I'll order it from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.