Trying to get the most out of the Magic Mouse (acceleration)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by murdercitydevil, Dec 13, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

So I just bought a Magic Mouse today and am a bit torn between keeping it or returning it. The deciding factor is ultimately the most important one - tracking quality. Acceleration works fine for my MBP trackpad, but in terms of mice it is absolutely unacceptable IMO. I am trying to find a way to strike a balance, and it seems the only way to do it is by disabling acceleration altogether. So far the only thing that has worked is the killacceleration script that someone here posted, but it is not perfect because you have to run it every time you restart/make any changes to tracking speed. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I need to add that I depend on Better Touch Tool, so things like USB Overdrive that kill acceleration won't work for me, because they additionally overwrite any BTT gestures/settings I have. Thanks in advance!

2. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

The thing that has worked best for me is the app included in this thread

http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=3364

This one (the simple mousefix GUI) works well. I set it to run as a login item and just need to click to activate it upon login/restart. But it would be better if it was a permanent fix. Perhaps someone has a solution.