Trying to give access to an application while iPhone is locked.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mochacho4221, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Mochacho4221 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm using iOS6.
    I've added the "Voice Memos" app in "Activator" using a tweak in cydia. it all works great and starts to record automatically without clicking the "Record" button. The only problem is when I'm trying to using the gesture when the iPhone is locked, it doesn't work.

How can I grant it access?
    because when I'm using other functions like the flashlight with a gesture, it turns on and off without any problem even when my iPhone is in Lock mode with a password.

I'm pretty sure that there is a way to allow the voice memo to start working even when the iPhone is locked, because if you will try it you can see that just like when you are talking with someone on the phone, when you are recording and then while the recorder is activated you hit the power button and move to locked mode, the iPhone is still recording, and shows the record time in the Locked screen.

Please assist me with that..

Thanks.

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

3. Mochacho4221 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Choose lock screen first, then inside there you set the shortcut you want to use. I'm on my 5s so I dont remember all the steps but you choose lock screen before you set up the command shortcut.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

There are something iffy about activator for certain applications

For example, Siri rarely works with the gesture I want (swipe left/right on clock on lock screen and triple click home button when on home screen/app)

6. Mochacho4221 thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all, thanks for the quick reply!

I already did that, but it sorts of "tells" me that the voice memos need full access, because whenever I use the shortcut, for example: click on both volume up+down at the same time, it moves from the screen of "swipe to unlock" to the code screen(almost like the iphone tries to unlock itself to open the app).

But when I tried to do the same thing with a flashlight tweak, it works great even when the iPhone is locked..

That's why I'm trying to grant this app more permissions.

7. Mochacho4221 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I'm fairly sure you can't grant access. Well, short of however BiteSMS does it.