Trying to hook up panasonic blu ray to airport express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tkwood, Jan 3, 2010.

1. tkwood macrumors newbie

I currently have a wireless network using a airpot express 802.11n as the base station and a Airport express 802.11g in the living room that is hooked to my stereo and allows internet connection for my laptop, I just got a Panasonic blu ray player that can hook to the internet ( wired only ), I want to hook it to the port on the express but the blu ray keeps coming back saying connection failed. Is what I am trying possible?

2. glitch44 macrumors 65816

Troubleshoot each connection individually-- connect your blu ray player to the airport extreme directly and make sure it can connect to the net before trying it with the airport express.

Also, try a laptop/desktop wired into the express to make sure the ethernet port on the express can connect.

3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I'm doing something similar, except I use an AEBS as the base station. The Samsung home theater unit is in living room connected to an Airport Express. This works fine. Apple does seem to indicate that what you are trying to do is possible:

Question: Can AirPort Express be used for a Wireless Distribution System (WDS)?

Answer: Yes. AirPort Express can be a WDS main, remote, or relay station. It can function as a WDS main whether or not you are using it as a router to share your Internet connection (NAT).

The above info is listed at: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1515?viewlocale=en_US#2.5

I would make sure that you have your Airport Express port set up the right way (as a LAN port).