Trying to Import Playlists from PC to new Mac...Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by S-Man, Feb 19, 2009.

1. S-Man macrumors regular

S-Man

I have iTunes on my PC. It's what I synced my iPhone with.
    All of My music is on an external HD. I do not want to duplicate files and put them on my Mac's HD.

I got a new Macbook Pro, and imported my songs successfully, but now I don't have the same playlists as on my PC.
    When I go to sync my phone it tells me that it's going to delete all music on my phone and replace it with the new library/playlists.

How do I set it up so that I can sync my phone the same way I had it synced on my PC?

(Photos and ringtones are doing the same thing. It wants to delete everything on my phone and start over.)

Please help?
    Thanks
    P.S. I searched and searched, but turned up nothing specific.

2. Norouzi macrumors 6502

You should be able to export the library from iTunes on your PC, this doesn't export the songs, just your playlists. Then set your iTunes library on your Mac to your external hard drive and import the playlists from your PC.

I think your iPhone will need to be synced with your new Mac. The iPhone can only be synced with one computer at a time. You need to sync it initially which will replace everything on it with what's on the computer it's plugged in to. Just make sure that everything you want to be on your iPhone is on your Macbook Pro. Same with photos, just put them into iPhoto and they'll sync.

As for Ringtones, I don't have an iPhone but I would think they would transfer to the new computer as long as it's authorized to play your purchased content.

3. S-Man thread starter macrumors regular

S-Man

Thanks! Found it... You guys are the best! (After Apple, of course)