Trying To Install Idvd Extra Content Due To Idvd Not Opening: Not Getting Highlighted

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by celloman, Dec 30, 2008.

1. celloman macrumors member

celloman

ive not been able to open idvd for a while now, and have followed apples support page about deleting certain folders then retrying to open. i have done the above, AND last night just archived and reinstalled leopard! so, im also doing the other step on the apple support page, by manually reinstalling dvd 08 themes 1 to 4 by going to the bundled applications installer on mac os x install disk 1. however, when i enter the customize page, to specify i only want to install the idvd 08 themes, the checkbox next to it is unhighlighted, making the option on the right hand side say skip! how do u make it so u can check the box to install these themes.

also, if someone has had this idvd not opening problem, while still doing what apple says, and have found a solution to this annoying problem, please help!

I EVEN ARCHIVED AND REINSTALLED LEOPARD AND IT STILL DOESNT OPEN!!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Apologies if I insult your intelligence with this question, but you did update after the archive and install right? Is iDVD the only iLife application that isn't working? I have heard of odd cases where if there is something off with the media browser files it can cause odd behavior with iDVD. Try pulling iMovie Events, iMovie Projects, and your iPhoto Library out to the Desktop and open iDVD. If it loads, restore each of the above files/folders one at a time and see what causes iDVD to stop working.

3. celloman thread starter macrumors member

celloman

i did update after archiving. i tried ur method of taking those 3 folders out and then trying, but it still doesn't work.

do you have a solution so that i can install the idvd extra content? the button disallows me to click it (ie its not highlighted and therefore always says "skip")

4. celloman thread starter macrumors member

celloman

great news i fixed the problem simply by erasing idvd, then reinstalling it through the optional bundles installler on the mac osx install disc 1. the button got highlighted because i ended up deleting the actual idvd application, and the button lit up!!
    yesssss