Trying to install Netflix on iPhone Can someone hlep me please...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by htownmade1984, Aug 10, 2010.

1. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

Yes, I read all of the instructions, and I even asked in that thread, but no one has replied...

I followed step 1, but after I click on show in windows explorer the Netflix app is NOT named Netflix 1.0.4.ipa it is only named Netflix 1.0.4

It is showing that it is an ipa file format though...

So I have tried two different things, I renamed it Netflix.1.0.4.zip and then turned it into a zip file, and extracted it, but it only turns it back into Netflix 1.0.4 I don't see Netflix.app in the extracted files.

I also turned into a zip file and extracted it without renaming it, but once again, When I look at the extracted files it doesn't turn into Netflix.app it just remains Netflix 1.0.4

Can someone please help me? Is there something that I am doing wrong?

2. The General macrumors 601

1. Rename Netflix.1.0.4.ipa to Netflix.1.0.4.zip
    2. Unzip
    3. Open Netflix.1.0.4 folder
    4. Open Payload folder

There is Netflix.app

Have fun.

3. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for replying.. I tried that.. still didn't work...

What I did though was run ssh with Winscp... I put the file onto my phone... It changed it to Netflex.1.0.4.ipa... Then I followed the rest of the steps...

I know have the payload open on my desktop as we speak!!!

4. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

Where Can I find info on doing this thanks, I though I read it was blocked.

5. weespeed macrumors 6502

http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/721715-guide-netflix-iphone4.html

I did it on mine. I used User Agent Faker ans also have Open Browser. I like using User Agent Faker because when you hit done on the player it taked you back to Netflix in Safari. But if using Open Browser, after closing the player it'll try and load safari.

Works great on WiFi, ok over 3G.

Hope that helps.

6. weespeed macrumors 6502

Are you using a windows machine? If so you need to enable show file extensions. Then it should so you .ipa then just rename it to .zip then just extract it.

the directory structure should look like this:
    Netflix 1.0.4/Payload/Netflix.app
    Then just ssh or drag Netflix.app to your iPhone.

7. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

I followed all of the directions, then I hit play... The netflix app took over and said preparing...

Then a message popped up saying something like, NCCP not authorized or recognized... Know why that would of happened?

I tried it again, but now the netflix website is down for maintenence. I even tried it on my computer. Site is down.

8. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

9. weespeed macrumors 6502

Are you using Open Browser or User Agent Faker?

If Open Browser you just hit wrench and pick desktop rendering and check Safari Ipad. Then in the address window enter Netflix.com, then sign in.

If User Agent Faker do then did you set User Agent Faker in settings to On and to Apple Ipad?
    Also have to enable the apps too. I enabled Netflix and Safari. Then open Safari and enter Netflix.com then login.

Worked for me.

10. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

OOOOOHHHH.... I only enabled Safari... I am using "user agent faker"

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I also used User Agent Faker and it worked perfectly before Netflix went down for maintenance. Then I started getting all kinds of errors. It should work again once back up.

12. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip... Also i tried changing the permission to 755, but it keeps going back to 0755... is that ok?

13. The General macrumors 601

Yes. 0755 is the same as 755.

Go to Netflix.com in Safari after setting User Agent Faker to Safari for iPad.

Hit watch on any movie. It should switch out of Safari and open Netflix and play the movie.

The sit is back up now, should work for you.

14. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Got me. I just followed the YouTube video, expect for the browser part because I like free better. ;)

15. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

And so it is. Now I can go to sleep ... after watching Faulty Towers of course.

16. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

enabled them both, and the site is back up... it is working... I am running it on 3G... Very Slow... It stops to rebuffer every 5 seconds... I will try it on WiFi.

Thanks for the tip!

17. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

18. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Most Def... Same here... This is without a doubt the coolest thing I have done to my phone since I jailbroke it.

19. weespeed macrumors 6502

Great good to hear it's sorted out.

20. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Can someone please help me, i have been trying to do this for a few days now. I am getting stuck changing the permission to 755. I click "go" in the menu bar, but i dont see the terminal app. Here is exactly what the modmyi website says...
    8) Change permissions on the Netflix.app folder to 755 using this command: (On mac using Cyberduck click on 'Go - Open in Terminal App' then login
    chmod -R 755 Netflix.app
    I sshed into my iphone, changed the .ipa to .zip, clicked on it and it put a folder onto my desktop. In the folder, there is "itunes artwork", "itunesmetadats.plist", and the "payload" folder. In the payload folder is the .app that i put into the private/var/stash folder. Where do i edit the permission? I am sure i will feel like a fool once someone explains it, but i am completely stuck. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

21. thep33t macrumors regular

if you are using a terminal app, in the /private/var/stash/Applications folder, run the command:

chmod 755 Netflix.app

22. rwd hero macrumors 6502

How do you use the terminal app in that folder though? i click on it and it just downloads the file.

23. thep33t macrumors regular

ohh, I did not read the part about you using Cyberduck. In most of those programs, you should be able to right click (or the mac alternative) on the folder, and there should be an option to change permissions, change attributes, or some other option starting with chmod, mod, etc. try selecting that.

24. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Ok, i got it to work. I didnt need to open the terminal app to change the permission. On a mac, you can 2 finger click on the "netflix.app" in cyberduck. Click on info, then in the box that pops up, click "permissions". At the bottom you will see "octal Notation". That is already 755 (for me at least). So it turns out i didn't even have to change the permissions. Thank you for the help "thep33t".

25. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

If you replace the perfect browser icon with the netflix icon it'll be the normal icon size and have the rounded corners. Most people may already know this but all the pics I've seen have the bigger icon with sharp edges so I just thought I'd share.

Attached Files: