Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raudbul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
As the title says, I installed windows 7 with bootcamp but I was messing around with my partitions and I somehow deleted my OS X operating system. Now, I can't ac:confused:, I am only going to install OS X for the drivers so if there's another way of getting them, please tell me.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Start up in recovery mode, and let disk utility run disk repair. This should recover your os X partition without data loss. It probably will kill Windows, but you can reinstall that. It happened to me last week... :D

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The link tells you how to install the Windows drivers that you downloaded.
• The download file is a .zip file. Double click it to uncompress it, if it is not automatically uncompressed.
• Double-click the Boot Camp5 folder.
• Copy the entire contents of the .zip file to the root level of a USB flash drive or hard drive that is formatted with the FAT file system
• When running Windows, locate the Boot Camp folder on the USB media you created in Step 3 and double click to open it.
• Double click on setup to start installing the Boot Camp Support Software.
• When prompted to allow changes, click on Yes and follow the onscreen instructions.
• Installation can take a few minutes. Don't interrupt the installation process. When installation is complete, click Finish in the dialog that appears.
• A system restart dialog box appears. Click Yes to complete the installation.

raudbul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
The link tells you how to install the Windows drivers that you downloaded.

I did everything in there and when I was in windows 8.1 the sound drivers which were not working started doing fine but when I restarted, Windows 8.1 wouldn't boot and would say that there was a problem (when I did the refresh option which uninstalled everything Win started working again ). By the way, I don't have OS X installed at all and nothing appears when I press Command-R except for Windows; the problem is I don't have any discs. Please help me. I am fine with either installed drivers on Windows or OS X.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I did everything in there and when I was in windows 8.1 the sound drivers which were not working started doing fine but when I restarted, Windows 8.1 wouldn't boot and would say that there was a problem (when I did the refresh option which uninstalled everything Win started working again ). By the way, I don't have OS X installed at all and nothing appears when I press Command-R except for Windows; the problem is I don't have any discs. Please help me. I am fine with either installed drivers on Windows or OS X.

Shut down your computer first.

When you start it up, hold down the Option button on your keyboard. What partitions are available?

If there is a Recovery partition, select it (with mouse/trackpad/arrow keys).

----------

So, I downloaded the file, formatted my 16 GB flash disk to FAT32 and extracted the .zip file. What next ?

Search for Setup.pkg in the extracted content and run it.

raudbul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
After a long time of trying and installing the drivers individually one of these files must have caused the problem since they are the ones that didn't install and everything worked just fine without them:
- "IntelHDLegacyGraphics64.exe", "IntelMgmtEngine.exe" and "IntelxHCISetup.exe" showed this error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"
- Setup.exe in the Chipset folder inside of Intel folder did not open at all.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
After a long time of trying and installing the drivers individually one of these files must have caused the problem since they are the ones that didn't install and everything worked just fine without them:
- "IntelHDLegacyGraphics64.exe", "IntelMgmtEngine.exe" and "IntelxHCISetup.exe" showed this error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

If it's a MacBook Pro 15"/17" with a discrete GPU, Intel's graphics drivers won't work, because Apple disabled the iGPU in Boot Camp via the EFI.

raudbul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
If it's a MacBook Pro 15"/17" with a discrete GPU, Intel's graphics drivers won't work, because Apple disabled the iGPU in Boot Camp via the EFI.

I wasn't complaining about thm not working, I just wanted to tell you guys that they probably caused the problem. Btw, i have an 27" iMac (Mid 2010 )

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong

If your computer works fine without these 3 files. There is no requirement to install them. In fact, it's your own choice to install the bootcamp driver if you only running Windows alone. e.g. you can use the ATI drivers rather than the Apple graphic card drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.