Trying to install OS X after mistakenly removing it

Discussion in 'iMac' started by raudbul, Aug 20, 2014.

1. raudbul macrumors newbie

As the title says, I installed windows 7 with bootcamp but I was messing around with my partitions and I somehow deleted my OS X operating system. Now, I can't ac:confused:, I am only going to install OS X for the drivers so if there's another way of getting them, please tell me.

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Start up in recovery mode, and let disk utility run disk repair. This should recover your os X partition without data loss. It probably will kill Windows, but you can reinstall that. It happened to me last week... :D

3. raudbul thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

The link tells you how to install the Windows drivers that you downloaded.

5. raudbul thread starter macrumors newbie

I did everything in there and when I was in windows 8.1 the sound drivers which were not working started doing fine but when I restarted, Windows 8.1 wouldn't boot and would say that there was a problem (when I did the refresh option which uninstalled everything Win started working again ). By the way, I don't have OS X installed at all and nothing appears when I press Command-R except for Windows; the problem is I don't have any discs. Please help me. I am fine with either installed drivers on Windows or OS X.

6. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Shut down your computer first.

When you start it up, hold down the Option button on your keyboard. What partitions are available?

If there is a Recovery partition, select it (with mouse/trackpad/arrow keys).

----------

Search for Setup.pkg in the extracted content and run it.

7. raudbul thread starter macrumors newbie

After a long time of trying and installing the drivers individually one of these files must have caused the problem since they are the ones that didn't install and everything worked just fine without them:
    - "IntelHDLegacyGraphics64.exe", "IntelMgmtEngine.exe" and "IntelxHCISetup.exe" showed this error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"
    - Setup.exe in the Chipset folder inside of Intel folder did not open at all.

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

If it's a MacBook Pro 15"/17" with a discrete GPU, Intel's graphics drivers won't work, because Apple disabled the iGPU in Boot Camp via the EFI.

9. raudbul thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasn't complaining about thm not working, I just wanted to tell you guys that they probably caused the problem. Btw, i have an 27" iMac (Mid 2010 )

10. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

If your computer works fine without these 3 files. There is no requirement to install them. In fact, it's your own choice to install the bootcamp driver if you only running Windows alone. e.g. you can use the ATI drivers rather than the Apple graphic card drivers.