Trying to Insure My iPhone, Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lukeman3000, Dec 4, 2008.

1. lukeman3000 macrumors regular

I'm trying to get my iphone 3G on my insurance with State Farm, but they say that the device must cost above $500 or some amount similar for them to insure it.

What I need, is some documentation that states the iPhone as costing $599 or however much it MSRP's. I know that the iPhone 3G is a very expensive device, around $600 for the 16 gb model, which I own. But it is seemingly impossible to find that price listed anywhere on Apple's website. Or AT&T's for that matter. They are all flaunting the $299 price tag, which doesn't help me at all.

So can anyone link me to a website that clearly shows the iPhone as costing $599 or however much it ACTUALLY is? as long as it's above $500 that is good enough for me. If someone could do this it would be great.. my insurance is not too picky with what I provide them, as long as it is official (from apple's website, or from at&t's website, or even from a retailer's ad would probably be fine).

Any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: For the record, I'm not asking anyone to counterfeit an ad or something like that -- I'm just looking for a link to a page that shows what I'm looking for. It's just that I'm having an extremely hard time finding anything!!

2. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

maybe try a trip to a ATT store and ask them to print out some type of invoice for a "lost" replacement. (like you lost it completely) for a 16 gig model.

prob. is that # is prob. $499 :(

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Go to an AT&T store and Apple store and get an invoice on what it would cost to replace your iPhone. It might come up as $499, so who knows what State farm will do.

4. lukeman3000 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok awesome. Perhaps that is without tax, no? With tax added in that should bump it up.. if that works then surely I can get it above $500..

Any other suggestions? I will try the at&t store method mentioned though.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I meant AT&T OR Apple. Sorry :) AT&T should do this for you though. Just explain why.

It also says straight on their website that they offer the iPhone contract free at an extremely high price, but it isn't available right now.

You could also print out this page as well. It wouldn't hurt to try.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp#0faqSection1

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Use a best buy ad. Thats what I did. 30 a year for full coverage. Can't beat it.

7. madlib macrumors member

damn does that cover accidental dropping it lol