Trying to jailbreak 2.2 using QuickPwn, stuck at "iHaz Success!"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Daveecee, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Daveecee macrumors regular

I've been trying to jailbreak my 1st gen iPod Touch to see what all the hype is about before I get my iPhone. Anyway, after having some trouble getting my computer to recognize the iPod Touch in DFU mode (eventually had to unplug and put it in recovery mode for QuickPwn to run), I'm now having another problem.

After transferring the info from the computer to the iPod, I get the "iHaz Success!" screen with "QuickPwn is about to run on your iPod Touch" at the bottom. My iPod shows the Apple boot logo and has been for several minutes.

What am I supposed to do? Is it working right now, or has something gone awry?

EDIT: Screen just went black, like it's either asleep or off. I am still afraid to touch it or QuickPwn.

2. SimonJ macrumors regular

Is this a 2nd gen touch? If so, the Dev Team have said several times that they aren't working on jailbreaking the new touch and are instead focusing on the iPhone 3G at the moment.

3. Daveecee thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, no, this is a first gen Touch. Should've said that in the first post.

4. Daveecee thread starter macrumors regular

Okay after waiting like half an hour, I hit the power button at the top, it came back on, and loaded in iTunes. Nothing seems to have happened to the iPod so I'm just going to try again now.

5. Daveecee thread starter macrumors regular

No, having the same problem. Stuck on the Apple boot logo and "iHaz Success!" screen.

6. Daveecee thread starter macrumors regular

7. twitchy204 macrumors newbie

six posts in this thread (including the first) and 5 of them are by you.

moral or the sentence: the edit button is your friend.

bumped within two hours of your last post.

moral of the sentence: patience is your friend.

8. Daveecee thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, I apologize for the impatience. Just a little frustrating, is all, especially with all the people here telling me how "necessary" it is for me to jailbreak my iPhone when I get it. So I wanted to test it out on the iPod Touch. Anyway, I've given up for now until anybody has a possible solution. Thanks for reading.

9. vlcs66 macrumors newbie

hey I'm having the same problem. have you found the fix yet?

10. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

If I were you, I'd try using PwnageTool (yes, the full thing) and make a jailbroken ipsw. Then, I'd have my iPod off, plug it into iTunes, and put it into DFU mode from "off." (To do so, click the time on your mac's menubar, click open date & time, and use that to time out holding Power and Home for 10 seconds exactly. Then, release Power, and continue to hold home until your iPod shows up in iTunes in Recovery Mode.)

From there, option-click the Restore button in iTunes to bring up the dialog box that allows you to find your modified ipsw. Click it and restore.

That's what I'd do.

11. vlcs66 macrumors newbie

I've actually tried that with like 5 different custom firmwares. I just now saw something that said it could be since I'm using the mac version 10.5.6? It's in a blog by Dev-Team here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/74278878/close-the-stable-door towards the bottom. I'll keep you posted on if what I'm doing helps at all.

Update:
    Yep that was the problem. Daveecee I suggest you check it out. And thank you Muncher for your suggestion.

12. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

You mean the USB thing? That could be it. It never affected me with my ipod...

13. jw12345678 macrumors member

jw12345678

i didn't haz success either

Don't know if this is the same problem, as I was jailbreaking a phone, but I found that with my fully loaded phone I got stuck at the same place. When I reset the phone so it had nothing but its original software (like it was out of the box) it worked perfectly. All I had to do then was restore from my backup to reinstall everything and this also reset my settings.
    P.S. Don't think its the USB problem, because I thought that got you stuck when it wouldn't see the phone (ipod) in DFU mode, which is the bit after holding the buttons for ten etc...

(Factory unlocked, jailbroken iphone 3g)