Trying to Jailbreak 4.3.5 but need help with Downgrading first. Please!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gudgebum, Sep 9, 2011.

1. gudgebum macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Please help! Im a relatively uneducated techy!
    I have an iphone 3g. Version 4.3.5 and baseband 05.16.02 and I need to UNLOCK it.
    I want to jailbreak and understand than i have to downgrade the version to be able to do this but I have had no luck. Ive literally been trying for two three days.
    I have tried green pois0n, i have followed a million forums instructions and had no luck. I have download versions 4.0.1, 4.3.3 etc.
    When i have put phone into DFU mode, then when i do alt/opt restore and select the ipsw file it says extracting then when contacting apple it says
    "This device isn't eligible for the request build", I then search the forums on this and edited the host file in many different ways but still no luck.
    I added 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com, then # 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com, then deleted them, then added that plus another. Nothing works!
    I downloaded tiny umbrella and tried to do things with that but still nothing.
    I have restored myt phone back to its current version about 400 times!
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks

2. saving107, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The iPhone 3G was not updated past iOS 4.2.1, so I am going to assume that you have an iPhone 3GS.

Once the baseband has been upgraded, it can not be downgraded unless you have a saved copy of your SHSH Blob from when your device was on iOS 4.0.1 (or lower), if you don't, then your SOL.

Your trying to downgrade so that you can then upgrade, but unfortunately its too late now since your device is already on iOS 4.3.5

3. gudgebum thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for getting back to me. Would my SHSH blobs have been saved anywhere without me doing it consciously?
    I've only heard in these since I started to try and jailbreak, by which point it was already upgraded...

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I know a very basic amount of Jailbreaking, so I am going to recommend you ask your question in the iPhone Hacks Forum to get a more detailed response from someone who will know the answer to that question.

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

5. vijith macrumors newbie

i also have a iphone 4 with 4.3.5 firmware ..

host file wont work because apple has blocked it
    tinyumbrella wont work without shsh blobs files ...

only way you can unlock ur iphone is with gevey sim ... there is no other option left for you to use..........