Trying to Jailbreak, Help Please!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by flcruzr, Jul 25, 2009.

1. flcruzr macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone! I am trying to start the steps toward jailbreaking my Iphone 1G. I have found sites that say to use redsnow, which I have downloaded onto my desktop. I also downloaded the 3.0 7A341 firmware but this is where my problem halts. I'm unable to get the cube looking Icon in order to begin the jailbreak process. I have the zip folder show up so I double click and the folder shows up but no cube? All the you tube tutorials show this cube and I cant get it! Any advise please? What should I do? Thanks!

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

3. flcruzr thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on a Mac

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What cube are you talking about? You download Redsn0w, point it to the IPSW file, and it does all the rest of the work for you. :)

5. milk242 macrumors 6502a

Well the Ipsw icon is a cube are you talking about that? If you downloaded the ipsw through safari then it will automatically treat the ipsw file as a zip file. If that's the case change the extension .zip to .ipsw

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

That's probably it...damn browsers all treat the IPSW file differently. I know on a pc Firefox handles it fine, others don't.

7. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

8. flcruzr thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys for your help, I was able to find the firmware link going through my library/itunes/and their it was the cube icon for the firmware. I know have a jailbroken iphone. :D Thanks again for your help!