Trying to Keep an Open Mind but iOS7 Makes me Throw Up...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Radiating, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Radiating macrumors 65816

I'm trying to keep an open mind but using iOS 7 physically makes me want to throw up. It's disorienting. And it seems to that the fonts are always too small to the point where I am always squinting.

Everything about it is just too candy colored and ugly. I'm still trying my best to like it but somehow I feel like an OS shouldn't be something you have to TRY to like.

Anyone else have any insight into this? I'm still trying to keep an open mind here..

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Plenty of threads discussing shortcomings of different parts of the new design.

3. mackandproud macrumors 6502

Yeah, I have to agree. I believe it's intentional also. It's like going on a bad drug trip.

6 was fast, polished and functional. 7 is nauseating, overwhelming and disorienting.

I almost feel as if I've made a mistake installing 7.

Perhaps I'll do a clean wipe and return to 6. That way, I won't have any sync issues with itunes 10.

4. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

There's always going to be a tiny minority of people who reject change, even when that change is clearly for the better. The vast majority of people love everything about iOS 7.

5. !GS51! macrumors regular

If you want to do it, do it fast the window to restore to 6 might be closed.

6. Ottoman1 macrumors regular

I agree 1,010%.

I posted this earlier but I feel like the iPhone has lost its soul.

Maybe it's just you and me that feel this way but I can say with confidence, we are right.

This new IOS is ugly garbage.

7. FoxD macrumors 6502

I can't stand it. I am going back to iOS 6 as I type this...thanks for the earlier post on how to do it! I plan on staying on Jobs' version of the iPad. ;)

8. Donki macrumors newbie

I really like it, really fresh and clean looking. Looks a little disjointed due to 3rd party apps not having the same look but all this will be updated.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Settings > General > Accessibility
    Turn Reduce Motion and Increase Contrast on. Also try fiddling with some of the other visual settings to see if it helps.

But I do think the new visuals tends to induce dizziness and nausea in people with a certain type of vision issues. I tend to get dizzy watching 3D movies, and this is the same type of feeling.

10. mackandproud macrumors 6502

What?

----------

Where is that post?

11. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I like it. It looks fresh. But it still looks like Android and Windows Phone had a bastard child. It would have been nice for Apple to have found their own style, especially when they're the first to scream the word 'copying' over a grid of icons.

12. !GS51! macrumors regular

You said you might do a clean restore back to iOS 6, im telling you to do the restore quickly because Apple might stop signing iOS 6 and you wont be able to restore

13. Radiating thread starter macrumors 65816

Those go a LONG way towards fixing the issues

Bold Text = Readability

Reduce Motion = Less Nausea

Dark Grey or Black Background = More Serious, less candy saturated

14. gentlefury macrumors 68030

You can increase text size if it's too small.

Attached Files:

15. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Yeah right. Tiny majority is pretty much everyone I know. :) And it's NOT about rejecting change, that's too easy of a thing to say :rolleyes:- it's about this PARTICULAR change being awful.

16. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

It's not just you and him... It is me too...;)

17. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I feel this way about a lot of things in general. Specific to phones, I can't go into an AT&T, or Best Buy anymore. I walk in, see a phone that makes me nauseous, and I start puking all over the place...power vomit stuff...

Makes it hard to go out at all really.

18. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

another rant thread...

we are stockpiling them for a drought this time around

19. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I really like it and I appreciate that apple forces change. Otherwise they would be like MS, still supporting XP.