Trying to keep up with the times..

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by djsound, Feb 14, 2011.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

K so. I do design stuff , mostly print but I keep up about 12 websites too. I I have done them for years and they are pretty basic html sites. More recently my clients are asking about things like, they want to be able to write 'updates in news section' themselves...from their phones even maybe. Also they want databases of emails sent in to them from a php form so that they can send email updates to all of their clients monthly. I have no experience with databases or mysql or anything like that even. Is there anything out there that can handle a lot of those things in one app or site or something? I have been reading about Joomla but am not to sure exactly what it is.....any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I would like to keep these customers and be able to 'design and create' their sites but then give them some options and be able to update some text themselves and keep track of their email updates themselves.

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I haven't used it myself, but from what I've read, Wordpress will do this for you. It's sounds simple enough, after a bit of light reading I think you should be able to pick it up ... Sorry I'm not more help :(

3. Laird Knox macrumors 68000

In a lot of ways you are describing a content management system. Take a look at Drupal and some of their example sites. There will be a bit of a learning curve to overcome but once you do it is a very capable CMS.