Trying to locate an app I used to own...

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by braddick, Aug 31, 2011.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

It was a simple app that played the sound of crickets. The visual was of a silhouette of a tree with fireflies hovering around it with a dark blue sky.

The sound was that of hundreds of crickets. I used to use this app on vacation for background sound but since downloading iTunes on my new computer can't find it.

Anyone?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

if the app has been removed from the app store u will not show in your purchased history! Like me wanted to download VLC app again guess what it's gone lol

3. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

That was it, kind of. I have a primary account and an older account I once lost the password for (thus the newer one) and was able to retrieve at a later date.

It was on that first account I located the app.
    (It's call, "fireflies" by the way. Soothing app and perfect for background sound.)

4. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

This is not true. I'm still able to download and install Tweetie, although it doesn't work and the icon hasn't been optimized for the retina display.

I had something similar to you OP. It was called Relax Alarm Clock and the developer no longer supports the free version. I'd have no qualms with purchasing the newer paid version but he removed the sounds that I used for background noise (the thunderstorms were hynotizing; found it hard to get out of bed while they were still playing).

I can still put the old version on my phone but since I started using the betas it just crashes when I open it. I'd assume since the dev stopped supporting it it's gone for good. :(