Trying to make a backup disc of leopard...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jamminph88, Jan 22, 2008.

1. jamminph88 macrumors member

I am trying to make a backup disc of leopard (for my own personal use). I have already copied the contents of the disc to my hard drive, and would like to burn them to a DVD+R DL. I tried a few methods that didnt work, and called apple care, but they arent allowed to help me with this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I'm not entirely sure, but I'd think you'd need a program to make a one-to-one disc copy so that you also get the boot information, or otherwise capture the original disc into an image and then burn the image to a disc (just make sure you don't burn the image file itself, it has to be extracted onto the file system of the disc.)

I'm not sure what programs would do this on the Mac, but I know on Windows you could use something like Nero. I believe there is a program called Toast that may be able to help you.

3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Copying all the files from your DVD is not the way to go about this.

Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility. Create a New Disk Image from your Leopard DVD. Then take the Leopard DVD out and put in a blank DVD, select the disk image you created, and click burn.

The End.