trying to make an iphone app I am a little confused?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by hssky97, Jun 30, 2010.

1. hssky97 macrumors regular

My friend wrote an OS X application for me and I initially wanted to make it for iphone and he doesn't know how to write the app in iphone code......I have Xcode, all the PLIST's and code resources from the app. I'm not really good at coding.......so can anyone help me with instructions to convert the app?

2. yyy macrumors regular

Mac OS X and iOS (the iPhone's operating system) might have some similarities but they're still very much different so I don't think you can "convert" a Mac OS X app into something that can run on an iPhone without some programming knowledge.

Besides, even if you wrote an iPhone app by yourself, you wouldn't be able to run it on a non-jailbroken iPhone or submit it to the App Store unless you joined the $99/year developer program so maybe you should ask an iPhone developer to help you instead.

3. hssky97 thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly! After I made the app I was going to enroll, I'm still a little puzzled. :confused:

4. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68040

PhoneyDeveloper

5. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I can thoroughly recommend the Beginning iPhone Development book (Mark & LaMarche, Apress). That should give you enough knowledge to be able to translate the OS X app to iPhone.

6. hssky97 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys you really helped! Sorry if I used the word convert I wasn't really thinking while I was typing, sorry. Thanks again!